Author Topic: Is it just me or have others noticed???????  (Read 6660 times)

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Is it just me or have others noticed???????
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »
I like this forum and only one other forum . Seems I  post here mostly. Its a great forum and will be posting more as the weather warms up. Thanks for all the great attitudes and super forum sponsors, Oh and smoochy too :)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
I notice the same thing. I was just actually thinking the same thing a few days ago when i posted my wings in the great SRG (can I say that here ;D) Especially if I post the same cook on both forums. Unless you cook with that specific type cooker, you might as well save your keystrokes and pics uploads. I pretty much visit this one and occassionally the other.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah i hear ya. On another forum which i have been a member of for years, it just seems like i'm posting to myself.

I know

waaaaa waaaaa....lol
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
It's funny that you posted this today.  Last night, I was doing some research and landed on another forum.  I couldn't believe how it seemed so attack based rather than encouraging and helpful.  Keep up the good work all.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
It's funny that you posted this today.  Last night, I was doing some research and landed on another forum.  I couldn't believe how it seemed so attack based rather than encouraging and helpful.  Keep up the good work all.
Scary ain't it how other folks feel  >:(  >:( they need to act towards other people.   Reason I just left two sites this week.

I wanted input from other pellets sites on my home built pellet pooper so I could get idea's on best way to use it or even revamp it if I needed to.  But all I got was a few replys with very little info on the matter. 

I did get replys from a few good folks who post here  :D  which I'm grateful  I really am.   But I was looking to hear from new people who I do not know on the matter.  Guess somefolk don't like home built grills/pellet poopers  :-X

Like Rick said, I feel like I was posting to myself.      :-[
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 04:51:55 PM »
Scary ain't it how other folks feel  >:(  >:( they need to act towards other people.   Reason I just left two sites this week.

I wanted input from other pellets sites on my home built pellet pooper so I could get idea's on best way to use it or even revamp it if I needed to.  But all I got was a few replys with very little info on the matter. 

I did get replys from a few good folks who post here  :D  which I'm grateful  I really am.   But I was looking to hear from new people who I do not know on the matter.  Guess somefolk don't like home built grills/pellet poopers  :-X

Like Rick said, I feel like I was posting to myself.      :-[

They probably thought anybody trying to build a smoker from a charcoal bullet with an infrared cooking chamber and attaching a pellet pooper was crazy. Wonder why they woud think that?  ;D  You are a bit of a madman Tommy, but you are our madman. Every family has to have a couple, and half the family wishes they were them.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »
They probably thought anybody trying to build a smoker from a charcoal bullet with an infrared cooking chamber and attaching a pellet pooper was crazy. Wonder why they woud think that?  ;D  You are a bit of a madman Tommy, but you are our madman. Every family has to have a couple, and half the family wishes they were them.
[/quote]Who me???    ;D    Yup, I'm nuts but in a good way  ???

Besides if I were not doing what I do would CharBroil ever have made the SRG or the BEESR???  Not  kidding
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Is it just me or have others noticed???????
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
I notice the same thing. I was just actually thinking the same thing a few days ago when i posted my wings in the great SRG (can I say that here ;D) Especially if I post the same cook on both forums. Unless you cook with that specific type cooker, you might as well save your keystrokes and pics uploads. I pretty much visit this one and occassionally the other.

Yeah i hear ya. On another forum which i have been a member of for years, it just seems like i'm posting to myself.

I know

waaaaa waaaaa....lol
;) 8)

MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 05:44:52 PM »
Tommy, unfortunately you are right on.  I post on one other forum, but not much any more.
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 05:47:58 PM »
I'm going to be honest I learned more about smoking from the virtual weber bullit forum than anywhere else , & they were never ugly about my barrel smokes they just were ignored!
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »
For us old folks who can remember the "Laugh In" TV show ... Artie Johnson used to say " ... Veeerrrryyyy Innteresssting!! ..."  :D ::)

Like most I migrated to forums based on my equipment:

Original Bradley Smoker: Bradley Smoker Forum
Char-Broil SRG:  Sizzle on the Grill
MAK 2 Star Wood Pellet Grill:  Pelletheads, and another pellet grill forum which will remain nameless
Trager PTG:  Pelletheads
All the Above:  Let's Talk BBQ

As pointed out, many forums (not all) are tolerant and allow postings of other equipment/brands.  In the past many of you may have seen my postings (same one) on different forums.  I've observed the same from others also.  Of late, I too have felt on some forums like I've been posting to myself.  Used to post a lot but now I'm more selective when posting.

Oddly enough at the time of this forum's birth/infancy I was in the process of creating my own forum dedicated to the same principles as this forum.  Creating a forum is easy ... getting traffic, members, monitoring, security, etc are the challenges.  I was invited to join this forum, which I gladly did, and saw no need for the forum I was working on.  I commend the management of this forum for providing this product and maintaining a pleasurable environment.

Unlike the attitude of some forums and moderators on forums, the fact that someone pays the bills does not always justify their tactics.  There are many Internet services that provide unlimited disk space, bandwidth, etc at reasonable prices so that argument doesn't hold water with me.  I have seen the way some people, who are now LTBBQ members, were treated on other forums and it's despicable!!!  For now I continue to visit other forums and occasionally provide my 2 cents when appropriate but I will now be focusing my attention, opinions, cooks, comments to this forum ...

Time to get off my soap box and get ready to do my first Pork Butt on my new Traeger PTG tomorrow.  That should be interesting and I look forward to making travelers in RV parks drool as they get a whiff of my cooks  ;D  8)
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
For us old folks who can remember the "Laugh In" TV show ... Artie Johnson used to say " ... Veeerrrryyyy Innteresssting!! ..."  :D ::)

Like most I migrated to forums based on my equipment:

Original Bradley Smoker: Bradley Smoker Forum
Char-Broil SRG:  Sizzle on the Grill
MAK 2 Star Wood Pellet Grill:  Pelletheads, and another pellet grill forum which will remain nameless
Trager PTG:  Pelletheads
All the Above:  Let's Talk BBQ

As pointed out, many forums (not all) are tolerant and allow postings of other equipment/brands.  In the past many of you may have seen my postings (same one) on different forums.  I've observed the same from others also.  Of late, I too have felt on some forums like I've been posting to myself.  Used to post a lot but now I'm more selective when posting.

Oddly enough at the time of this forum's birth/infancy I was in the process of creating my own forum dedicated to the same principles as this forum.  Creating a forum is easy ... getting traffic, members, monitoring, security, etc are the challenges.  I was invited to join this forum, which I gladly did, and saw no need for the forum I was working on.  I commend the management of this forum for providing this product and maintaining a pleasurable environment.

Unlike the attitude of some forums and moderators on forums, the fact that someone pays the bills does not always justify their tactics.  There are many Internet services that provide unlimited disk space, bandwidth, etc at reasonable prices so that argument doesn't hold water with me.  I have seen the way some people, who are now LTBBQ members, were treated on other forums and it's despicable!!!  For now I continue to visit other forums and occasionally provide my 2 cents when appropriate but I will now be focusing my attention, opinions, cooks, comments to this forum ...

Time to get off my soap box and get ready to do my first Pork Butt on my new Traeger PTG tomorrow.  That should be interesting and I look forward to making travelers in RV parks drool as they get a whiff of my cooks  ;D  8)
OMG! Did you just mention Traeger. ;) ;D   Oh, wait a minute, I mentioned my SRG earlier and I also have a Pit barrel cooker, a traeger, and a Bradley smoker  ;D  I hope nobody mentions the A-maz-en smoker :o ;)

MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 06:48:25 PM »
I use my AMZNPS 90% of the time in my Bradley and some in my WSM.

Laugh Inn

Damn i feel old.

Hey i aint posting to myself either

Oh wait im not on the HS list here.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 06:58:52 PM »

Laugh Inn

Damn i feel old.

??? ;D   Hmmmmm? A smoker inside a smoker. ;D  who'd a thunk it?

MIKE
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
Hey Smoker Pete,
Is there any truth to you being a fellow sewer pipe sailer?  I was looking for something on "another forum" and saw a post by Warpath that mentioned our names in the same breath.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Sam3

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »

Laugh Inn

Damn i feel old.

??? ;D   Hmmmmm? A smoker inside a smoker. ;D  who'd a thunk it?

Have to be honest with you. I use that AMZNPS all the time now. It's just easier now.
And no more water in the bowl either. ;)
Sorry, back on topic!
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker