Author Topic: Ribs  (Read 415 times)

Offline Driftwood11

Ribs
« Reply #-1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:02:54 AM »
On my ribs I put salt pepper onion powder and poultry seasoning and let sit 1hr or over nite for more flavor, basting sauce is not sure how to spell it but you will get it, wishtshire sauce not to much about a 1/4 cup 4 tbls butter & 3tbs of honey reduce down  wrap ribs in foil 1 hr then open foil and add your chips for smoking or take ribs out of  foil all together . baste with sauce 2or 3 times during grilling  and if you want add your BBQ sauce the last 40 min. Now this is indirect grilling or smoking, don't baby them meat will pull away from end about 1/2 in thats about right. not to fancy but you get that good rib flavor

Offline RAD

Re: Ribs
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
what temp do you keep them at and about how long do thay take to finish?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:12:58 PM by RAD »
Love to cook and eat

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:16:27 AM »
If the rub has a lot of salt in it I only apply an hour before cooking ribs and not overnight. I find that it will create a brine on the surface and can cause ribs to be over salty IMHO.

The Worcestershire sauce with butter and honey sounds interesting. You ever reduce it down with sugar into more of a glaze?
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Ribs
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
I like to put my CYM and rub them straight to the cooker. Just my two pennies.
I left some overnight and the salt in the
Rub made the ribs taste more like ham.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Driftwood11

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »
About 4 hrs for 1 rack up to 6 for more then 1 around 250 is what I do, and the basting sauce give's it a good glaze or shine if you will. the basting recipe came from Capt. Earl  and old friend he use to grill for us at Holliday Harbor this sauce works good on any pork & chicken & beef. Its not over powering thats why I like it.