Author Topic: Very Interesing  (Read 1271 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Very Interesing
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline DK117

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »
My wife and I love wine. We were married north of napa in sonoma county. Rented a vineyard for it.
We've had expensive wine and cheap and neither of us have ever understood the bs involved with tasting.
We have friends that we are in competition with on finding the best $15 bottle or less! No one looses! !
Reds, heavy, dirty leather...big flavor!
I think the article goes a little too far.  OK quite too far.  There's some validity to the elitist nature of wine tasting, but come on if you can not tell a Merlot from a Chardonnay then something is wrong.  Merlot from a Cab, that's tougher, but generally doable.  I prefer red blends leading with Cab.  So, that being said, 90% of my wine consumption is under $20 a bottle, and Chris, I love the challenge, I haven't had much success below say $8, but between $15 and $12 you can do quite well.

DK117

Now wine with BBQ.  I've asked that question many times with no definitive answer.  This could very well be the one where whatever you like drink it.  I'm typically holding a light domestic beer with BBQ.  Tri Tip and Cab, fantastic.  Sweet rubs or sauce just don't go well with wine (red) for me.
Traeger Texas 075
Vermont Castings Signature Series Natural Gas Grill

Offline chris becker

• Smoke On!
    • cookinpellets
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »
Hey DK good to see ya here buddy.
I have never had a full beer in my life... wine is pretty much it. Except my vodka. I like a merlot or full body red zin with most anything. I pull out the heavy wines for that big chunk O tenderloin.
I treat vodka the same as wine. I use some to mix with and then others are only for my dirty martinis. No vermouth,  just olive juice and 2 olives... 1 regular and 1 smoked!
Nutin better then Hard Wood!