Author Topic: am I becoming a BBQ snob  (Read 2981 times)

Offline RAD

Re: am I becoming a BBQ snob
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »
When I brought my wife home from the hospital yesterday and went to get all her prescriptions filled she said she wanted some Brunswick Stew for lunch. I stopped by one of our local BBQ places and picked her up some stew and a BBQ sandwick for myself. This place just finished second as the best BBQ restaurant in the state of Alabama. It was a March Madness style competition that started with 64 restaurants competing head to head in 4 regions, getting down to one in each region then two head to head.

Anyway, her Brunswick stew was all meat, couldn't even squeeze any moisture out of it. She ate a bit and I will add some liquid and some more goodies and heat it up for leftovers. My sandwich was also very dry and had probably a pound of meat on it. I should have split into two sandwiches and added much more BBQ sauce to it.

Sounds like you got some competition leftovers  :(
Love to cook and eat

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »
It is snobbish to know the difference.  To me, eating out (especially BBQ) is just about finding value and knowing what to expect.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 11:20:58 PM »
Thanks to all you I am glad I am becoming a snob.
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"