Author Topic: How did you get your user name?  (Read 9459 times)

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
Re: How did you get your user name?
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Mine requires some imagery and a bit of a sad story to explain...

One of my old cats - Squirt - was diagnosed with diabetes quite a few years ago. Cats (and dogs) use the same insulin that humans use, so I started getting my supplies at Walgreens. Talking with the pharmacist about this, they recommended a 'Prescription Savings Program' that is for non-insured members of the family - including pets.

So I get this card in the mail..

The name stuck. (we ended up losing him to cancer back in 2010, but 'SquirtTheCat' lives on)

He still gets mail from time to time!    ;D

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:01:54 PM »
Coached my Daughters playing softball for 12 yrs and through 6 states...our team name was
"da Wreck'n Crew", tag was "Tearin' Up A Diamond Near You!". When Bady Gurl went off to play college ball and middle one decided Cheerleading was her thing. Dad retired from summers of spending thousands of dollars, driving thousands of miles and many nights at practice.... and was promptly bored silly! Tried Golf... love to play; but does not fuel my competitive nature. Have loved q'ing for years and decided that I was going to take up a little competitive cooking. So, da Wreck'n Crew..... became "da Wreck'n Q".

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
Boring story - On the first forum I signed up on I wanted to use something that I would remember. So I used my nickname. Gus is short for "August" which is my middle name.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Susie-Que

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
My middle name is "Sue".  My great grandfather was French, and he lived across the street from me.  He would call me over by yelling, "Susie, Susie". (Suzeeeeee, Suzeeeee).

I Like having handles that have something to do with the message boards so I added "que". 

I have a different name for each board I post on.  Most of my handles relate to the forums but not all.

My pic was done like that because I was such a newb with the grill. I was terrified of the propane tank.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 09:55:58 PM »
Gus is short for "August" which is my middle name.

same for me except its my 1st name.   you Portuguese like me too?  8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
How did you get your user name?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 10:15:26 PM »
mikecorn.1
Nickname is mike and my wife's name is Corina. Her brothers call her Corn :o so I put them together. The .1 just came out of necessity when I made an email address many many years ago.

Mike
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline IBCookin

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »
I found this forum after being on another forum for quite a while. For whatever reason when I tried to sign on to this one it wouldn't accept the info I was using on the other forum. Had to try something else, so guess what I was doing at the time all this happened....... Yep, and the chops came out great too.
Everyone is good at something....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

GMG Daniel Boone Pellet Cooker

Offline RAD

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 11:31:04 PM »
initials and it's RADical, why not use it?  ;)
Love to cook and eat

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 05:56:10 AM »
I am a HUGE baseball fan (especially 19th century).  "Sliding" Billy Hamilton was a star player in the late 1800s and is considered the man who revolutionized the stolen base.  When Hotmail 1st was released, I needed an email address.  My favorite player (and the man my oldest son is named after... his name is Adrian Constantine) is Cap Anson.  capanson@hotmail.com was already taken, so I went with my second favorite player, Billy Hamilton.  Been using sliding_billy in a lot of ways since then.  Also, my grandfather's name was William even though he went by Clyde.  I thought it a fitting way to pay my continued respect for the greatest man I ever knew.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 06:35:50 AM »
I am not very creative. The first forum I ever visited to learn about cooking ribs (Pi Pirate BBQ), the moderator used his full name, so I used my real name as well. I carried that over to the Char broil forum. When I found this place, I tried to change it a bit, and used my initials instead. I kept my avatar of my deceased all time favorite Golden, since that way I get to see him every time I log on! I still rescue and still have Goldens at home, but he was very special.

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »
I was a bit of a handfull when I was a child, always getiing into something and my Old School English grandmother always called me a wee Scallywag when she was scolding me. I am still a bit of a trouble maker ( gotta have some fun ) so I have always used that name in forums.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »
I know that those of you  who have met me in person cannot understand why I don't have as my handle "STUD" or "STUDLY".   Not wanting to cause others to have an inferiority complex nor have my inbox over loaded with PMs from hyperventilating, swooning ladies, I just slid together my nickname and last name.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:03 AM »
dee - Just a suggestion but with all the identity theft issues on the internet these days you might want to change your "handle" to something descriptive but not unique to you.  "Photo King," "Lens Master," and "Old & Deluded" come to mind.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Pappymn

How did you get your user name?
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
Pow! The Turtle gets the flag for unnecessary roughness ;)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »

I'm not very original, but I do use a can of Pam when I take forum pics. Good stuff.  Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron