Author Topic: Important marketing information... for husbands...  (Read 372 times)

Offline pz

Important marketing information... for husbands...
« Reply #-1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »
Funny thing happened to me heading into my PC room just a few minutes ago.  My wife's best friend returned from a trip to Scotland on which she did Scotch tastings at several distilleries.  She enjoyed herself quite a bit and even brought my wife a couple of tasting glasses.  Naturally, my wife wanted to try them out with a little tasting of her own, but you can't do that on an empty stomach - this was the conversation:

My sweetie:
"Hey PZ, can you share some of your smoked goodies with us?" (yes, even my wife calls me PZ)
Me:
"Sure hon... let me cut you a little something

Naturally, always looking for a way to help my wife increase her appreciation of the smoked delicacies, I was delight to prepare them a plate consisting of:
  • Smoked Gouda
  • Smoked meunster
  • Smoked cheddar
  • Smoked goat cheese
  • Smoked Canadian Bacon
  • Homemade crusty bread crusts

Of course, it being for my wife and her friend, I piled the thinly-sliced Canadian bacon high in the center of the plate, and then ringed it with the properly sliced cheeses.  I gotta admit that I was almost salivating as I was preparing the plate - however, this is serious business getting my wife and her friend liking my stuff.  ;D

When I took the plate out to the conversing duo, they looked up with delighted, expectant faces, and eyes were wide as I described the delicious treats they were about to consume - I quickly left the scene so that the magic could take place.

I can almost hear the conversation:

Wife's friend:
"Wow, this looks great!"
My sweetie:
"Just wait until you taste it; it's marvelous! [with pride in her voice]

The take home lesson: I've been using this technique a few times now, and it mostly pays off - I did not get one word of complaint when I ordered a Char-Broil The Big Easy Propane Gas Smoker Roaster and Grill last night

... and yes... I'm properly ashamed of myself for stooping to these kinds of tactics.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Important marketing information... for husbands...
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »
pz - you ARE an inspiration!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Important marketing information... for husbands...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »
Your going to like that SRG, great marketing info :)