Author Topic: radioactivity polluting the Pacific Ocean  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Ka Honu

Re: radioactivity polluting the Pacific Ocean
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
Well I guess this explains why it's so much easier to see SWMBO in a dark room lately.  Kinda gives "glowing with health" a new meaning.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 10:33:27 PM »
Yup - I am not inclined to blame anyone - I just hope we get smarter...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »
you sure seem to like to bring great news about the west coast on a lot of topics.  I learn a lot from you.  ty.  I have come to believe that you don't like the west coast at all.  it is a great place to do a lot of different things.  I have lived in Washington, Oregon, Hawaii  and California all my life  I like it on the west coast.   it's where I grew up.  :)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »
Sparky, we don't give enough respect for the WC.

I don't think the Capt has anything against the West Coast Sparky. It is just that you guys have so much going on out there all of the time - that the WC region is constantly in the news. Nobody's fault here...just some numbskulls that we can't find and throttle while you wail on 'em :D

And - there is so much more good than bad about the WC. After all - you guys do have the perfect weather ( San Diego and L.A. ) the biggest trees up northern Cali. ( Redwoods and Sequias) And - one of very very places in the world that you can go from the city in the valley - to the mountains and an incredibly clear lake. Fantastic fishing, and great surf.
Wine country. and San Fran is still one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And SO much more to see and do in Cali than most of us in the central and eastern part of the US even know about.

Besides that ....the Capt is a surfer - and he is STILL P.O.'ed that CAli. is home to the Beach Boys, and not Galveston :D :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »
 you couldn't PAY ME to eat any seafood coming out of the Pacific

Especially with all of the well oiled ( BP ring a bell ;D )  fresh seafood form the Gulf of Mexico!
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
well...I can tell you a little bit about the consumption of Uranium, Jack ;)....

But, it's not all bad...I mean - it's like laser guidance at the 3:00 a.m. bathroom visit..and I don't need a night-light ;D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 03:25:02 PM »
Well, let's see.  If I eat seafood from the Pacific Ocean (excepting perhaps Japan's immediate coastal waters), I may (note: "may," not "will") grow extra body parts or get radiation sickness in 30 years or so.  Since I'm already in my mid sixties and will probably only live another 20-25 years anyway (barring some other catastrophe between now and then), that's not all that much of a threat.  Please pass the ahi.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 03:28:56 PM »
Well, let's see.  If I eat seafood from the Pacific Ocean (excepting perhaps Japan's immediate coastal waters), I may (note: "may," not "will") grow extra body parts or get radiation sickness in 30 years or so.  Since I'm already in my mid sixties and will probably only live another 20-25 years anyway (barring some other catastrophe between now and then), that's not all that much of a threat.  Please pass the ahi.

I thought Turtles lived 120 years ???
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »
A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945

wow...  :o

I was going to avoid jumping back into this thread, but this video seemed to merit a comment. I am not being political and my comment has nothing to do with country or coasts. I am also a firm believer in a strong military - in fact that and a police force are about all the use I have for government.

My first thought as the video got to the '70's was that it looked like the final scene in War Games!  :o  ("WINNER: NONE"), therefore "the only winning move is not to play."

My next thought was, seeing the death, destruction and on-going harm from the bombs dropped on Japan - why would we (as a species, not country) think we needed to test another 2051 bombs? We pretty much knew they would work.

Finally, regardless of debates about global warming and broken reactors - the toll on the earth from this has to be phenomenal.

Maybe it's time for the dolphins to leave after all...  ;) ;D (So long, and thanks for all the fish...)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:22:27 PM by drholly »
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 04:20:50 PM »

I thought Turtles lived 120 years ???
Without a liver? ??? 8) ;D :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401