Author Topic: Microwave Popcorn  (Read 1062 times)

Offline aliengriller

Re: Microwave Popcorn
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »
Since I've been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, have to watch EVERYTHING, including fat grams, SO, we hauled out the old air popper and use it.  Much easier to control amounts of all additions to popcorn.  Usually use the better flavored salt (lightly), often the dry grated Parmesan cheese (which I love) and sometimes hot sauce like Pam.  Good filler with lots of fiber--keeps my nutritionist a bit happier.

Offline Sandman

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 02:11:12 PM »
I don't do the microwave popcorn. Two large handfuls of corn into a very large skillet with hot oil, cook until brown then let it pop. Only way i'll eat popcorn. 8)

Offline BAM1

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
I worked at the Pop Secret plant for 11 years before my company sold the business.  I was there when we developed the Homestyle flavor and it is still my favorite.  Diamond foods bought the business from us and I think everything still tastes pretty close to when we made it.
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
So I should look for Diamond Foods microwave popcorn?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »
I have a microwave popcorn popper that pops regular popcorn, then I can butter & season it how I like. It's the best of both worlds.

It sounds as though it is.  I didn't know there is such a thing.  I searched and found several.  Which one do you have?

The one I have I've had since 1986, :o they don't even make it anymore. 

I see some that now have microwave concentrators but the concentrator disc needs liners that have to be replaced with every use, so I'd avoid those.

If I was replacing mine, I'd get one of these: Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn popper

What's nice is that these use regular popcorn (I can't have most bagged microwave popcorn)!

Every microwave is different and you will have to play with it to find out how much time is right without burning your popcorn. but once you get it dialed it, they are very quick & easy to use. 

If you get one please report on it and let us know how you like it. :)
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
Since I've been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, have to watch EVERYTHING, including fat grams,

Welcome to the club, the one nobody wants to be a member of, but it happens.  I know what it means to have to watch EVERYTHING that goes in the mouth.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Pappymn

Microwave Popcorn
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »
I will eat bag popcorn in a pinch but love my old Whirly Popper, made in Indiana. It's a manual stir crazy! :D Best popcorn in MHO is Amish hull less, Lady Finger. We sometimes have butter, parmesan, chives and or parsley on it. Don

X2

Whirly Popper is great
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109