Author Topic: A BIG Thank You to Northshore  (Read 1944 times)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
A BIG Thank You to Northshore
« Reply #-1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »
Last year some time, Northshore was visiting Thunder Bay my home town and he came across a store that had Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce. It was our local sea food place (west coast lobster) that had some for sale. For what ever reason I never checked it out but today I stopped in and low and behold there was two bottles left on the shelf. Took both to the counter where the owner said you know what these have been here longer than the best before date. If you want them they are free. I said no way man and a very big thank you. So I gots me two free bottles of some little past due Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki. I had just read an artical about the best before dates and how very good food gets trashed just because of it. Well not this time.
Thanks Northshore for letting me in on where it could be found here in Canada although he said he would not be getting any more :(

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: A BIG Thank You to Northshore
« on: March 12, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »
Nice score.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »
I had just read an artical about the best before dates and how very good food gets trashed just because of it.

I have read similar articles too, the BBD on the packaging is way before its time.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
Not only did you get a great deal on those bottles, but it looks like you found an honest honest place to do business as well!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:44:35 PM »
Is a great wing marinade!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
Yes it is. I used to order it by the gallons from their web store but for some reason they stopped selling it that way and shut down the web store. So getting it here in Canada has become a challenge.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
Nice score from an honest business person! Pappy is right it goes great with wings, chicken and
I have marinated pork chops in it too.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »
More stuff to find for my single shelf  ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Northshore

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
I have been able to pick it up in duluth occasionally, sometimes Walmart has it. I probably have one that is outdated. 
Let me know if you want me to get some extra, spring is coming , trips to TBay will start soon.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
I have been able to pick it up in duluth occasionally, sometimes Walmart has it. I probably have one that is outdated. 
Let me know if you want me to get some extra, spring is coming , trips to TBay will start soon.

Thanks bud. I will let you know.

Offline CANNON-MAN

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 03:39:57 PM »
Don
Nice score. I have used it past the use by date and I am still standing. My I make a suggestion. I have made the best GB jerky using that stuff. I use 3.3 oz. for each pound of meat and 3-4 TBS crushed red pepper for each 10 pounds of meat. That is a little warm but You can always run it up. Do you remember the fat extraction trick I showed on another forum. If you have regular ground burger you might want to do that process to get rid of the fat.  It makes the best jerky I have ever made. A couple of hours of heavy smoke and then into the dehydrator. I use a jerky board to roll it out the strips. Here is the finished product.
here a couple of links of the process.

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/pikeman_95/media/A%20BATCH%20OF%20GROUND%20BEEF%20JERKY/Jerkyboardvideo.mp4.html

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/pikeman_95/media/A%20BATCH%20OF%20GROUND%20BEEF%20JERKY/NOWFORTHESMOKERANDTHENTHEDEHYDRATOR.mp4.html