Author Topic: Recipe Ideas  (Read 245 times)

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Recipe Ideas
« Reply #-1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »
Every once in a while a member will post an outstanding cook and if I'm lucky enough they will also post where they got the idea.

The latest being Scally who posted the recipe used from this site
http://www.saveur.com/?dom=SAV&loc=logo

I'm asking if members would benefit a thread started and folks can post their favourite site?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Recipe Ideas
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »
More information is always good, but not too sure about randomly posting other site info without reciprocation.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Hub

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
I find that a lot of the dedicated barbeque sites from sponsors and web "gurus" are a mixed bag.  Sometimes good, sometimes laughable.  A lot of the "experts" are just talking heads and what we get from them is what their writers put out to get publicity.  Over the years I've come to trust good, tried, and experienced recipes like the ones members post here.  They might be original or they might be passed along, but they have been TESTED by somebody who can comment on how well they work and how the groceries taste!

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
I only save tried & true recipes any more. I have learned to be picky in my old age. I have saved so many that I know I will never try, but they sounded good at the time.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron