Author Topic: Introduction for Slawsa Girl!  (Read 3818 times)

Offline SlawsaGirl

Introduction for Slawsa Girl!
« Reply #-1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »
Hey Guys and Gals.  My friend Tim invited me to the forum and I'm eager to hop on to learn from people with far more experience than myself.  My husband and I bought a 48" Lang pull-behind about 3 years back and we don't use it near as much as we like...only 4-6 times per year when we have family or neighborhood gatherings.  I feel like we've got the ribs down (thanks in part to Adam Perry Lang's book) but our butts vary between good and very good so I'm not sure what gives since I make them just about the same way each time.  I am really looking forward to reading your tips.  I don't have the time to me a competition 'cuer but do want to hone our skills. 

On a personal note, my username tells you who I am, with the Slawsa brand.  We're a whole new style on condiment that we hope will make people think twice about what they put on hotdogs, brats, burgers and perhaps some pulled pork (especially if it needs a little help).  It's sort of a unique blend between a "slaw" and "salsa" and while we are a very small, young company, we're starting to get the attention of some key retail partners, primarily in the south...truly a dream come true for us.  Ya'll can feel free to visit us anytime at www.slawsa.com or reach out if I can ever help answer questions.

In the meantime, I hope to learn so much from all of you!

Slawsa Girl!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Introduction for Slawsa Girl!
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
Welcome from the West Coast!!  Will definitely give your site a going over....never can have enough condiments to keep the taste buds guessing!!

I had an old high school chum who was a professional bowler for a while and he told me once that bowling is something that everyone can do but nobody can master....I think BBQ fits that description as well!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »
YOU made it! GREAT!

Let me tell you boys and girls - the Slawsa stuff is AWESOME! And - just in time for "grillin' season" ( tho for most of us that is all year round ;) )

AND - Julie is now a site sponsor!  SO- please make her feel welcome, and try her products! You will not be disappointed.

T

BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
Been to the site...gonna have to get me the T-shirt  ;D   Probably won't be able to wear it to work....unless I want to go home early that day  8)

Only a -6- pack of the Slawsa is offered...will we be able to buy -1- in the future??
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
Admins have set up a new forum section for site sponsors. Please address any questions specific to products ( yep - even mine ;D ) to those threads/sections of the forum.

The reason we are doing this is to prevent anyone form feeling that the site belongs to a manufacturer. We really want to keep it open and friendly for anyone to express their un-reserved opinions, and - don't want anyone to feel that the site is "changing" away from being driven by us, the users, the cooks, and the hobbyists. I assure you - it will not change in how it is used by us. We (if successful) will have a few banner adds on the top - like the one in the upper left of the page. But, the site will never be taken over by ads.

If anyone has any questions - please PM me.

Thanks!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
Welcome Julie, heard about your product on John Boy and Billy...tried and like it for a change up. Welcome to our Funny Farm
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Introduction for Slawsa Girl!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
Welcome aboard. Heading to the site....... Now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »
Welcome!  Tim and I talked last week and he told me of Slawsa. The stuff really sounds great!

Looking forward to hearing of your cooks!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  T was telling me about your product quite a while back, just before my wife and I started some travelling.  Finally home for a while.  Will check out the Slawsa soon.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Phil LaMarche

• Member No Longer With Us
    • W9DVM
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
Welcome to the group.  Looking forward to trying Slawsa.  When will the garlic be availiable?  A day without garlic is a day without sunshine....Phil
Charbroil 4 burner RED
Charbroil SRG
Large Big Green Egg
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 06:27:57 AM »
Sound vary yummy .can i get the recipe  ;)
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline SlawsaGirl

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »
Been to the site...gonna have to get me the T-shirt  ;D   Probably won't be able to wear it to work....unless I want to go home early that day  8)

Only a -6- pack of the Slawsa is offered...will we be able to buy -1- in the future??

Smokeasaurus, We've got a sense of humor with our t-shirts...popular amongst the tailgating crowd for sure.  In terns of shipping just one jar.  We can do it but shipping charges kill the purchaser.  We ship by the 6-pack because that is what makes the most sense for the buyer.  Silly to spend $7-8 in shipping for just one jar when you can get a whole case for just $3 more in shipping.  Spreads the shipping costs out over 6 jars. 

We have a feeling that those 6 jars may not last too long though.  I just had a guy in Topeka order 1 case before Memorial Day and he called 2 days ago wanting three more (cases)!  It might take a while for us to make it out west from a retail perspective but we are trying!

Slawsa Girl

Offline SlawsaGirl

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
Sound vary yummy .can i get the recipe  ;)

Africanmeat,   Slawsa is yummy but if I give out the recipe, I wouldn't live another day.  It's a guarded secret!

Offline SlawsaGirl

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:01 PM »
Welcome to the group.  Looking forward to trying Slawsa.  When will the garlic be availiable?  A day without garlic is a day without sunshine....Phil

Instant Gourmet, We'll have the spicy out soon but "garlic" and "mild" won't come out until the fall.  Unfortunately, because we produce in bulk, we won't be able to introduce many other flavors until we get that retailer support. We should have garlic before the holidays and might even offer a mixed 6-pack that will make a great holiday gift.  I agree, a day without garlic is indeed depressing!