Author Topic: My Take On These Non-stick BBQ Cooking Sheets  (Read 1919 times)

Offline MJSBBQ

Re: My Take On These Non-stick BBQ Cooking Sheets
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »
We don't camp anymore , so didn't think I would ever use these sheets, until Jaxon mentioned Salmon. That might be a blessing to me since I struggle with heat and release technique of cooking fish on the grill. Using these sheets might be a home run!

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 09:40:16 PM »
Do you think they are better than a cast iron griddle or skillet?

I guess I am old school, or maybe I am just old, but for me it would be hard for anything to beat a cast iron griddle or skillet for non stick, even cooking. Yes it may take 2 or 3 minutes for it to warm up but it sure cooks good and to me easy to clean up.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
Jaxon mentioned Salmon. That might be a blessing to me since I struggle with heat and release technique of cooking fish on the grill. Using these sheets might be a home run!

Salmon is the first thing we cooked on the sheet, along with fresh asparagus  We  drizzled a little oil (not wd-40) on the sheet and brushed it around as we waited for the sheet to warm up.  The salmon did not stick at all.  In fact, we had to use tongs to hold it while we slid the spatula under it.  it kept trying to slide all around.
the salmon finally developed a few little sear marks and browned up a bit.  The asparagus was perfecrtly done on the other grill sheet and we never had to worry about the spears falling between the greats.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »
Thanks, Jaxon and Devo - I have never tried these and your comments helped me decide to give them a try. Like Ken, I have been a CI guy forever, but I like trying new things if they can give me an advantage.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #