Author Topic: 2014 Stanley Cup Ticket Prices  (Read 1985 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Ticket Prices
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 10:33:48 AM »
Ticket prices don't matter much while at home watching with cold brew, ABT's, and who knows what else from the grill!  8) :P

Not to mention that a hot dog and a cold beer is about 10 times cheaper at home....and you get to see more of the game.

Just went to a Dodger game Friday night when they played the Pirates. 3 draft beers, 1 hot dog, nachos and a bag of peanuts were only $58 ???
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:06 AM »
....and you get to see more of the game.

Yes and no.  (I have trouble making decisions.)

On TV I get expert commentary and excellent replays.  But I also love the stadium experience and I see things that are never shown on TV; activity behind the play or the way a forward who just passed the puck fights his way through a held check to rejoin the play.  In doing so he becomes another offensive threat that the defending team must account for.  Even if he doesn't touch the puck again he's a valuable part of that drive.  TV can't often show that sort of "away from the puck" play.

So I'm torn as to which is better.  But there's no denying that TV offers the better value.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »
....and you get to see more of the game.

Yes and no.  (I have trouble making decisions.)

On TV I get expert commentary and excellent replays.  But I also love the stadium experience and I see things that are never shown on TV; activity behind the play or the way a forward who just passed the puck fights his way through a held check to rejoin the play.  In doing so he becomes another offensive threat that the defending team must account for.  Even if he doesn't touch the puck again he's a valuable part of that drive.  TV can't often show that sort of "away from the puck" play.

So I'm torn as to which is better.  But there's no denying that TV offers the better value.

Paul, as any hockey fan knows, TV does not do the sport justice. It is IMHO the best sport to watch in person. That being said @2500.00 a ticket, the Stanley Cup Finals will be fine for me on TV!

Go Hawks!  Gotta make a date with the Rangers!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »
I cheer for the Winnipeg Jets, then any western Canadian team, after that any eastern Canadian team still in the hunt.

Now that the Habs are out it will be New York reason, be a good slam on Vancouver mgt after they fired their coach.

As far as for going to a game I refuse to pay that kind of money. It drives me crazy thinking the cost for a family of four to go to a game. It's just a game.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
On TV I get expert commentary and excellent replays.

You're welcome.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 06:00:45 PM »
On TV I get expert commentary and excellent replays.

You're welcome.

;) ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
Go maple leafs.  My buddy aren loves that team so I cheer them on.  My wife likes the sharks (they are from our home town).   8)
And because of my love for the Leafs I doubt Stanley ticket prices will ever be a concern... 67 was the last time they won. They kinda stink... :'(
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM