Author Topic: CharBroil forum closing  (Read 9984 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: CharBroil forum closing
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
I purchased a SRG last winter and enjoy it a lot.. Only char broil unit I have. Learned how to use it here on this forum. 
T another reason for keeping membership application as it is. Theirs was too open.

Thanks NS....We would like to make it easier for anyone to join - but - not so easy as to allow spammers, data miners and hackers to roam the site and reap havoc. It is a subject of frequent discussion.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014, 02:46:43 PM »
It's o.k. Jack...we are going to drag you into it ...kicking  and screaming if we must..... :D :D :D :D

lol...
Deb will be the one kickin' &  screamin'...then she will hunt you down in the Fall.
She just doesn't understand why I need so many things to cook with.

Just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline hikerman

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »

lol...
Deb will be the one kickin' &  screamin'...then she will hunt you down in the Fall.

Just sayin'...
[/quote]
Interesting.....I get the same comments here....often. It's almost as if all of our women were versed on the subject collectively! Which reminds me of a book I read several years ago by Roger Welsch. He used to be on CBS Sunday Morning News. His book was called, Everything I Know About Women I Learned From My Tractor. Great read by the way. He swears that when a girl is born, she goes to Women School. They seem to get the attitudes against us wholesome beasts, at an early age. I thought it was humorous at first, but now I'm thinkin'  this might be true. Guard your cookers men!!! :D

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
Facebook, You Tube, and Twitter have their uses and their places. However, in a niche a forum creates a sense of community that other media does not. Unfortunately, it looks like Char Broil, like many companies, is being swayed by the "new" social media and not looking at the communities they had and can build.

I am an "n" of 1 - but if I had to interact with LTBBQ on Facebook or Twitter - I would not be doing it nearly as often, and eventually probably not at all... It is important to understand who  your customers and prospects are - for Char Broil's sake I hope theirs are Gen Y.
You got it.

X2
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »
It's o.k. Jack...we are going to drag you into it ...kicking  and screaming if we must..... :D :D :D :D

lol...

Just sayin'...
My Deb acts the same way every time "I expand my horizons". Her attitude quickly changes after the first time she tastes the food. Also when she realizes that she doesn't have to cook that much anymore
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »
I am thinking of bringing a SV rig to the FG just so that everyone there can see it work

Tim, so does that mean that you will show up on Monday so it will be ready by Saturday? :D

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
I am thinking of bringing a SV rig to the FG just so that everyone there can see it work

Tim, so does that mean that you will show up on Monday so it will be ready by Saturday? :D

Ohhhhh snap!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »

Ohhhhh snap!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Bluecham

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2014, 10:41:32 PM »
Wow, that really is sad. I learned so much and was saved several times by the information there. I even converted my wife to everything bacon wrapped!! My SRG would not have been used so effectively without that forum.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2014, 11:08:46 PM »
Wow, that really is sad. I learned so much and was saved several times by the information there. I even converted my wife to everything bacon wrapped!! My SRG would not have been used so effectively without that forum.

The good news is that most of the contributing members are here now. Lot's to share and continue the good times ;D.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2014, 10:44:29 PM »
It has been bad two years for me & my gas grill died yesterday so after months of not going there I went there tonight to buy a CB grill.

How sad! :'(
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »

The good news is that most of the contributing members are here now. Lot's to share and continue the good times ;D.

I'm glad they are here now, lots of great information being shared on LTBBQ.  ;)
----------------------

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 04:04:46 AM »

lol...

Just sayin'...
Interesting.....I get the same comments here....often. It's almost as if all of our women were versed on the subject collectively! Which reminds me of a book I read several years ago by Roger Welsch. He used to be on CBS Sunday Morning News. His book was called, Everything I Know About Women I Learned From My Tractor. Great read by the way. He swears that when a girl is born, she goes to Women School. They seem to get the attitudes against us wholesome beasts, at an early age. I thought it was humorous at first, but now I'm thinkin'  this might be true. Guard your cookers men!!! :D
[/quote]
My hubby went to that school..geez  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 07:33:02 AM »
I have been out of town and out of touch for a week and just saw this subject. I bought a TBE cooker after I almost burned our house down frying a turkey and joined SOTG to find out more about it. I made many good friends there and learned a lot about many different kinds of cooking. I went to the first fall gathering, drove over 5 hours from Birmingham, visited for a couple of hours and then drove 5 hours back. We were hosting a party for friends that evening to watch football and I had to be home. I found this forum and then dropped membership in SOTG after it fell off and all the spam started. I enjoy this forum better and like that it is not geared to any one vendor or one style of cooking.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline RAD

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »
It just hit there email newsletter

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love to cook and eat