Author Topic: Mid Atlantic storm  (Read 4308 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: Mid Atlantic storm
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 11:47:19 PM »
Even we are in for some snow tomorrow night.  Everyone is out buying milk and bread (southern tradition). I stopped on the way home and got beer, cornflakes and toilet paper so we are set.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 05:56:32 AM »
Don I personally like the national weather service www.weather.gov for information because I read their forecast discussions which talk about the science behind what is happening. In the summer with thunderstorms I like what tee suggestion in weather underground. They allow people that have weather stations at home to link to their site so you can get a more accurate picture of rainfall rate and other weather geeky information.  Penn State also has a site where one of the professors has most of the computer model runs and other upper air data if you want to make your head spin on first glance. Personal favorite is the Canadian model, I think it has been the most accurate of late for me, but I use all the models to gain a general idea and go from there.

Pappy, my wife has the dark sky app and we like it for short term forecasts and when precipitation is starting and stopping but it has its limits.

Even we are in for some snow tomorrow night.  Everyone is out buying milk and bread (southern tradition). I stopped on the way home and got beer, cornflakes and toilet paper so we are set.

Not a southern thing. People here in the Philly area do the same thing. Except for some reason they like buying extra toilet paper too.  Must be a lactose reaction to need so much extra TP! :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:02:52 AM by akruckus »
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline akruckus

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 05:58:41 AM »
Here in CT I am ready

1) Just got 175 gallons of heating oil
2) 25 gallons of gas for the Generator
3) 75 lbs of propane for the grills
4) 5 loaves of bread
5) 10 Lbs of meat
4) One gallon of whiskey

Shoot I told my wife all we really need is the one gallon above ;) ;) ;)

CT looks like it is going to be spared teh worst of it.  Before my wife moved back down to Philly with me, her and her mom were living in Norwich.  I still remember the phone call freaking out because they were going to be snowed in because the snow and snow drifts were all the way up on the front and sliding doors!  This all after Irene and Sandy, you guys deserve a little break!!

We were just included in the Blizzard watch, 12-18" here I am thinking closer to 12-15" unless this redevelops/stalls.

We have 12 bottles of wine, fifth of Johnnie Black, and fifth of Marker's Mark, oh and a case of Sam Adam's Cold Snap to help me shovel ;)

I'm wish you well! Stay safe!

But I  must say you are wrong on our snow amount we are having two feet of snow in this storm........I just told my wife to buy another gallon of whiskey on her way home from work  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Last storm we had six inches but by the end I was seeing double ???

Wish you well too.  This is our first real snow (non dusting) of the year. I can't wait. Blizzard warning now for us. Candles ready extra battery packs charging, battery powered camping lamp with new batteries. Ready to go!
PBC
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Bigfish8

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 07:40:12 AM »
Sleet and freezing rain already falling in Raleigh.  Forecast is for everything to turn over to freezing rain and last into the night.  Probably will get quite ugly around here. 

Ken
Grill Dome XL
Weber 22" & 26" Kettle
Grillman 2' X 3" Stainless Gas Grill
Grillman 2' X 3' Black Steel Gas Grill
Stainless Steel "Big Poppa" Drum Smoker
Blaz'n Grand Slam Pellet Grill

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »
Hope everyone is able to stay warm! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Susie-Que

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 11:22:14 PM »
I hope everybody stays safe and warm.

Offline akruckus

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 03:11:52 AM »
Sleet and freezing rain already falling in Raleigh.  Forecast is for everything to turn over to freezing rain and last into the night.  Probably will get quite ugly around here. 

Ken

How you hanging in there?
PBC
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Bigfish8

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »
We are among the fortunate, so far, as we still have power.  The news is reporting there are 61,000 in Wake County (Raleigh Area) without power.  High winds are expected this afternoon so further power outages are expected.  Everything is covered with ice so my wife and me are going to stay in the house.

I hope folks in other areas are safe.

Ken
Grill Dome XL
Weber 22" & 26" Kettle

Offline Bigfish8

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 10:09:51 AM »
Wow, what a difference between last weekend and this one.  Sunny with highs expected near 60 today and near 70 tomorrow.   8)
Grill Dome XL
Weber 22" & 26" Kettle