Author Topic: First Grilling Attempt on a New MAK 2-Star  (Read 1676 times)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
First Grilling Attempt on a New MAK 2-Star
« Reply #-1 on: December 22, 2023, 12:45:21 AM »
I didn’t do well on my first grilling effort on the MAK 2-Star.  I warmed the grill by running it at 475°F for 20 minutes, lid closed.  I hoped to set the Pellet Boss at the GRILL setting, where the auger runs constantly, when I considered the pit adequately warmed and time to grill the ribeyes.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get the Pellet Boss in the proper mode to move to the GRILL setting.  All I could do was cycle through the Mobile menus.

I quickly thumbed through the Owner’s Manual and couldn’t locate cooking instructions or an explanation of how to move through the Pellet Boss menu system.  (I knew that the manual didn’t have meaningful information—I’d looked before.)  So, I closed the lid and hoped that the pit was still running at 475°F.  I guess it was.  Anyway, the steaks cooked—no grill marks, not much browning and no smoke flavor.

I could have gotten better results from a kitchen range broiler.

I’ve again scoured the Owner’s Manual and YouTube in the few hours since that attempt.  I’m not finding usable information for first-time users.  Maybe the MAK marketing plan is to offer classes in their Oregon factory.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas