Author Topic: And...even MORE Beer cocktails!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: And...even MORE Beer cocktails!
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:47:07 PM »
What a horrible waste of good beer.   ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »

All in your ability to be creative - look outside of the box-and enjoy the variety ;).... Some folks think that the ONLY way to drink bourbon is neat. Some want it with a splash. Some on the rocks. And some....like is with cola.

I got no bias. If it isn't for me - I don't criticize. Choice are kind of a central theme of this place...and what we used to believe in in the USA.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »

I have to agree!!
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:16:51 AM »
I thought it was pretty good Tee!!! I love my Beer and Clamato together for a change of pace I call it a Canadian Cooler. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:52 AM »
I still like a beer and clam now and then ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 03:12:33 AM »

All in your ability to be creative - look outside of the box-and enjoy the variety ;).... Some folks think that the ONLY way to drink bourbon is neat. Some want it with a splash. Some on the rocks. And some....like is with cola.

I got no bias. If it isn't for me - I don't criticize. Choice are kind of a central theme of this place...and what we used to believe in in the USA.

So when someone has a different opinion and uses a tongue-in-cheek comment to express it, that goes against the central theme of this place!!!  I guess I'll have to be more careful about my humor next time I post something. 
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »

So when someone has a different opinion and uses a tongue-in-cheek comment to express it, that goes against the central theme of this place!!!  I guess I'll have to be more careful about my humor next time I post something.

LVC don't worry , if tongue in cheek humor wasn't allowed ka-Hona & I woulda been kicked out a looong
Time ago ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »
LVC, all you have to do is tell Tee to go sit in his corner and not come out till we tell him to. This place is all about fun or else I wouldn't be here.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »

I have to agree with you LVC! I mean, I'm not opposed to trying and drinking some of these "beer cocktails", in fact some of them may be to my liking. But do you mix top-shelf Scotch with 7UP, or Crown Royal and Coke? I would hope not. It would be a waste of their inherent good flavor. Same goes for premium beer and ale! If you're going to whip up a beer cocktail use a less expensive brew for the task!   ;) 8)   Carry on........

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:02 AM »
LVC Tim doesn't know what a good beer really taste like. He was actually in a week long depression after Zima was discontinued :D
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline hikerman

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 09:20:07 AM »

LVC Tim doesn't know what a good beer really taste like. He was actually in a week long depression after Zima was discontinued :D

:o :o :o :o No more Zima???  :( :( ??? ???

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 09:20:17 AM »
Ouch ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »

I just now saw this LVC....I was also using a dry sense of wit :D :D :D I suppose I should have used the emoticons to make sure no one thought I was being "athoritarian" ( just a nice word for horse's butt );D  it is hard to know sometimes when we are just joking - I will try to be more conscious of using the smileys
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Hub

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
COLD ONE:  Many years back I had a next door neighbor who mixed Coors and lemonade and kept the concoction in his freezer for an after yardwork cool-down.  There was just enough alcohol in the beer that the mix wouldn't freeze for the couple of hours he left it there.  I made fun of it when he told me about it, but then one day when we'd both been slaving over the grass and pansies all afternoon, he made me take a glass.  Wow!  The tartness of the lemonade and the bitterness of the beer really are thirst-quenching.  And, it is COLD, COLD, COLD -- gives ya' brain freeze if you guzzle it. 

No, I wouldn't waste premium beer on this drink, and I understand if you think beer cannot be mixed with anything else, but I like one of these things every now and then when I'm hot and tired and want a COLD ONE

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN