Author Topic: Uuni pizza oven  (Read 2827 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Uuni pizza oven
« Reply #-1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »
Brad, my son in law, has a birthday early next month and I was looking at getting him the Uunni. Is there anything I should know about it?  Is it a good idea? How long does it take to get here?  Thanks.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Uuni pizza oven
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:47:16 PM »
Dee the Uuni 2 has just came out so I don't believe the original Uuni is available anymore. I have the Uuni 2 on pre-order and the first units will be shipped to the US sometime this week.

The first Uuni is a great unit. The Uuni 2 has been totally re-designed so I have not tried it yet.

I will do a review of it as soon as a get my hands on it.

I am not sure if you would be able to get a Uuni 2 delivered in time. You could contact them and see if any are available. There may have been some people who cancelled their pre-orders due to the long delay they have had in getting them made.

You can check out more info at their website. www.uuni.net

Let me know if you have more questions...

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:54:57 PM »
muebe, I just ordered and they should have it here in the next few weeks.  Based on your previous posts I went ahead and ordered figuring if it is good enough for you it is good enough for someone with Brad's expertise.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »
muebe, I just ordered and they should have it here in the next few weeks.  Based on your previous posts I went ahead and ordered figuring if it is good enough for you it is good enough for someone with Brad's expertise.  Dee

Very cool! Brad should be real happy with it!
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
NICE gift Dee!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 11:10:28 PM »
Dee,
Get Brad to bring it to the Fall Gathering.  We'd all love to see it work (and eat some wood fired pizza, too).

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:37 AM »
Art, Will do.  That will be a stipulation when I get a call from him that he got it...which he doesn't know it's coming.  Dee

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:29 PM »
Dee, I just ordered one too. Looking forward to this - it's a great gift for your son in law!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »
Dee, can't wait to see Brad and his new wood fired pizza oven at the Gathering in September. A great birthday gift. Don't forget, I like black olives on my pizza.

Offline Pappymn

Uuni pizza oven
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
Dee, I just ordered one too. Looking forward to this - it's a great gift for your son in law!

Jealous
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »

Jealous
I will let you know when it gets here - pizza on my deck, you bring the beer!
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:50 AM »

Jealous
I will let you know when it gets here - pizza on my deck, you bring the beer!

Very cool! Congrats Doc!

I can't wait to get mine to give it a workout. I am so impressed with the Uuni that I am sure the Uuni 2 is everything and more. The Uuni 2 does not use any batteries or a fan and is all stainless now. The large chimney creates enough draft that a fan is no longer needed. Also has foldable legs and a removable aluminum plate that is dishwasher safe. There is a gap between the bottom and the floor allowing heat to travel between the floor and the aluminum plate. Aluminum was used because it is lightweight and has a high heat transfer rating.

The pellet feed tube has a built-in scoop in the handle to make it easier to load pellets. And the hopper can be lit while fully installed from the back. It appears that almost everything that could be improved on the Uuni has been.

And it can now cook a pizza in 2 minutes instead of 4 :o
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 12:17:32 AM »
muebe, I have been watching this from the beginning. I appreciate your trailblazing! While I am usually an early adopter, this time I could not. But your early experiences convinced me to keep watching. Thank you! I will be interested in your thoughts on version 2 and look forward to sharing my own. This was always a great portable oven, but sounds like it is even more so now! What are your suggestions for pellets?
Thanks!
D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:23:20 AM by drholly »
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »
I am using Cookin pellets perfect mix but I assume that any normal quality pellets will work.
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC