Author Topic: Camping and Cooking with TBE  (Read 994 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Camping and Cooking with TBE
« Reply #-1 on: December 03, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »
My camping trip got cut short due to rain :'( But I did manage to get a couple of TBE cooks done. The first night I did a tri-tip coated in gun-powder. I was not able to get pictures due to a dead battery on my phone :P

Here is the outdoor kitchen..

So the next day I made some breakfast on TBE using a flat griddle on top of the grill to make bacon and then omelettes. The omelettes had bacon, onion, and cheese ;)

And for dinner that night we had baked potatoes, grilled corn, and seared rib-eyes. I cooked the potatoes in TBE cavity while the corn and steaks were cooked on the grill. The potatoes were rubbed with butter and hickory smoked salt. The corn were coated with un-salted butter, sugar, and hickory smoked salt then grilled. The steaks were in a teriyaki garlic marinade for an hour before grilling on high heat. The steak drippings then made their way down onto the potatoes and added flavor to the skin. Total cook time was 40 minutes for everything ;D

We had planned to stay until Sunday but the rain came in last night so we packed up this morning and went home :-\ Lake San Antionio was completely full and much higher than last year ;D

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Camping and Cooking with TBE
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »
All looks real good muebe. I love camping. I have a 33' 5th wheel parked at a campground. It's way too old and heavy to move. They don't make them like that any more. But it's fine for what I need. Our xcamping season is over now..can't wait until next spring to do it again.  Pammie ★*˚°。°
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Camping and Cooking with TBE
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »
muebe,  Super post of an excellent  cook as always.  Nothing more peaceful and rejuvinating  than time spent by a body of water.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers