Author Topic: SRG Pre Seasoned Chicken Half Test  (Read 1845 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
SRG Pre Seasoned Chicken Half Test
« Reply #-1 on: December 19, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »
I was asked my opinion on a Pre Seasoned Chicken Half and some Leg Quarters that may hit local markets early next year. The Chicken Half was seasoned with Garlic, Salt, Orange Citrus Flavor, Paprika, Spices, Onion Powder, and Artificially Colored.

For this test I used my Infrared Char-Broil "The Big Easy® Smoker, Roaster & Grill" (SRG).  I chose to roast on HIGH with the Lid OPEN and opted to use my Maverick ET-732 to monitor the Chicken Internal Temperature (IT) and as the photo above shows, the SRG chamber temperature next to the chicken half.  The chamber temperature oscillated from 300º to 310º F range.  Took an hour and 15 minutes for the chicken breast to reach 167ºF.  Verified the breast and leg/thigh (180º+) temps with a Thermopen probe.  Rested the Roasted Half Chicken under a foil tent for 15 minutes.

Prepared some Twice-Baked Potatoes for a side dish and baked them for 35 minutes in a 350ºF oven.
Threw together a simple salad ...  Ready to serve!

The money $shot ... An Infrared roasted Chicken Breast and a Twice-Baked Potato accompanied by a nice salad ... Bon Appétit

The SRG is a poultry cooking machine and as usual the SRG performed as advertised.  The Chicken turned out very moist and tender with a nice crispy skin.   I would have preferred a heavier seasoned chicken but overall this roasted chicken was delectable and I think consumers with limited time will enjoy this product.  I can always add my own spices if I want a heavier seasoned chicken.
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: SRG Pre Seasoned Chicken Half Test
« on: December 19, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
Nice!!!  Sometimes it is good to have a chicken seasoned lightly. I tend to overdo it sometimes with my seasonings.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »
Whadjaget Captain??
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline CaptJack

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »
"Whadjaget Captain??"/b]

sugar, dehydrated garlic, salt, herbs, paprika, natural lemon flavorings, & silicon dioxide to prevent caking

www.kitchenfusions.com

www.instantgourmetspices.com
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:36:35 PM by CaptJack »
King of the OldSmokey

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »
Man, you can toss that stuff on with reckless abandon looking at the back label!! Sodium is pretty low for a rub as well

Let us know how it works out!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven