Author Topic: MAK Smoke Output & Pellets (split from MAK 2 Star review)  (Read 4128 times)

Offline zueth

MAK Smoke Output & Pellets (split from MAK 2 Star review)
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 07:39:51 PM »
There are definitely some negative reviews for Pit Boss competition blend. Which makes me hesitant to try them, I have used cookin pellets and they are awesome but cost a lot. Can get lumberjack for slightly cheaper but if Pit Boss is good would love to save some coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ever considered buying Cookin’ Pellets directly from them in bulk. 15 40 lb bags of Perfect Mix delivered to your door for $370. Every bag is in its own cardboard box and super easy to stack. Much better pricing doing it this way.
Yes I have and might end up doing this, just Looking for alternative to having 15 - 40lb bags in my garbage :)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: MAK Smoke Output & Pellets (split from MAK 2 Star review)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 08:19:51 PM »
zeuth - start a thread...and ask for any members that might live near enough to you to split a bulk order. You may be able to make it work well for you that way.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline rwalters

MAK Smoke Output & Pellets (split from MAK 2 Star review)
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
There are definitely some negative reviews for Pit Boss competition blend. Which makes me hesitant to try them, I have used cookin pellets and they are awesome but cost a lot. Can get lumberjack for slightly cheaper but if Pit Boss is good would love to save some coin.

Have you ever considered buying Cookin’ Pellets directly from them in bulk. 15 40 lb bags of Perfect Mix delivered to your door for $370. Every bag is in its own cardboard box and super easy to stack. Much better pricing doing it this way.
Yes I have and might end up doing this, just Looking for alternative to having 15 - 40lb bags in my garbage :)

zeuth - start a thread...and ask for any members that might live near enough to you to split a bulk order. You may be able to make it work well for you that way.
...or a friend, co-worker or family member. That’s what I did last time. I took 8, he took 7. Worked well :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »
Quote from: teesquare on Today at 08:19:51 PM
...or a friend, co-worker or family member. That’s what I did last time. I took 8, he took 7. Worked well :)

Then you tell him that he now has to join LTBBQ in order to get such deals..... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »
Guys,  I split this conversation off from the "MAK 2 Star Review," Since it took on a life of its own anyway, it deserves its own thread!

Good info here for all!

Good move... I guess I didn’t even notice that we had totally hi-jacked Smokes MAK review thread...oops.

Yea....sorry about that.
MAK 2 Star General #3579

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 09:51:38 AM »
Guys,  I split this conversation off from the "MAK 2 Star Review," Since it took on a life of its own anyway, it deserves its own thread!

Good info here for all!

Good move... I guess I didn’t even notice that we had totally hi-jacked Smokes MAK review thread...oops.

Yea....sorry about that.

No worries, just bring it back with a full tank of gas after you hi-jack it  :)  :) 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 12:09:39 PM »

Good info here for all!

Yea....sorry about that.

Like Smoke said, no worries at all.  It created a new thread, and that's a good thing!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68