Author Topic: Backyard Jack's BBQ May 11 & 12 2018  (Read 15471 times)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Backyard Jack's BBQ May 11 & 12 2018
« Reply #-1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
My wife Bev and I along with Don Bremer (AKA: IR2DUM) got together this weekend with Jaxon and his wife Deb.
What an awesome weekend with good friends and great food! Here is a short video of the highlights.

Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

Re: Backyard Jack's BBQ May 11 & 12 2018
« on: May 14, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
It WAS a great weekend, Mike!

Folks, Mike smoked those plate ribs to perfection.  They were every bit as good as they look.  He always teaches me a lot about cookin' when he's here.  Bev is quite a cook in her own right.  The sous vide potatoes were amazing - texture was the best I've ever had and the butter and garlic flavors were infused because of her sous vide method.  The chilled spaghetti salad was so refreshing.

Don is always so cool.  Everybody loves Don.  Our cat liked Don, and she's a freak around most people. 

I am always thankful when we can get together with friends from the forum.  I'm already lookin' forward to the next time.

Thanks, Mike, for the video...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
  Hate we missed it, We will be there this fall..   
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »
God food, great friends and cooking how could you go wrong?    :thumbup:

Wished I had the time to go visit Jack and Deb :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline rwalters

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »
Looks like a GREAT time :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
Great people & great food can't be beat.......... :thumbup:
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 05:55:28 PM »
I REALLY wanted to come down but I do plan on coming in the fall with the Mrs. I just need to know when it is. I have my oldest brother coming to stay with me in the first or second week of October, I think the 4th-7th for a work related conference so if it's then, I'll not be able to attend. Let me know!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »
I need to add my thanks to Jack and Deb for hosting this get together once again. They really go out of their way to make it perfect for everybody. I appreciate y'all so much. Thanks to Mike and Bev for all y'all do, too. Those beef ribs were so good and so big that I had to wave the white flag of surrender about half way through. (Shouldn't have eaten the ice cream first). Aaron Franklin would have been jealous if had tasted those beef ribs. Bev's sous vide garlic mashed potatoes were outstanding and the spaghetti salad was great, too. Jack's Weber kettle chicken wings were delicious and a big hit. Jack actually supplied us with excellent pulled pork sandwiches for Friday lunch, but that was before Mike unloaded his camera equipment. Jack's pork ribs were a big hit. Everybody loved the strawberry ice cream. Jack needs to post that recipe. It is so easy and takes only about 5 minutes to make. I have been pretty much a skeptic of the hot air fryer until Jack showed me how he makes mozzarella cheese sticks in 7 minutes that came out perfect and oh so tasty. Now I've got the bug to go get one.

I got into Byron on Thursday evening which allowed Jack and me to go to NuWay wieners. I have been hearing about them on the Food Channel quite often and have always wanted to try them. Most recently on Hot Dog Food Paradise. They are really good hot dogs and very friendly people running this establishment.

I learn so many cooking methods and techniques when we get together. It is a real learning experience and I am so lucky to have such good and knowledgeable friends to hang out with a couple of times a year. I can't wait until we meet again.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »

Terry, we missed y'all, too. I was going to call you for lunch yesterday, but I figured that you were doing mother's day stuff with Kerry and I was hoping to get back to Houston in a timely manner. We will see you in the fall.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
So close but yet so far. Looks like y'all had a great time - maybe next year...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 08:57:14 PM »
Looks like a great time.

By the looks of those ribs, Jack should be getting a pelletizer pretty soon................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 09:30:10 PM »
Looks like a great time.

By the looks of those ribs, Jack should be getting a pelletizer pretty soon................

L O L!

Did they look that bad?    ;)
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 09:42:16 PM »
I need to add my thanks to Jack and Deb for hosting this get together once again. They really go out of their way to make it perfect for everybody. I appreciate y'all so much. Thanks to Mike and Bev for all y'all do, too. Those beef ribs were so good and so big that I had to wave the white flag of surrender about half way through. (Shouldn't have eaten the ice cream first). Aaron Franklin would have been jealous if had tasted those beef ribs. Bev's sous vide garlic mashed potatoes were outstanding and the spaghetti salad was great, too. Jack's Weber kettle chicken wings were delicious and a big hit. Jack actually supplied us with excellent pulled pork sandwiches for Friday lunch, but that was before Mike unloaded his camera equipment. Jack's pork ribs were a big hit. Everybody loved the strawberry ice cream. Jack needs to post that recipe. It is so easy and takes only about 5 minutes to make. I have been pretty much a skeptic of the hot air fryer until Jack showed me how he makes mozzarella cheese sticks in 7 minutes that came out perfect and oh so tasty. Now I've got the bug to go get one.

I got into Byron on Thursday evening which allowed Jack and me to go to NuWay wieners. I have been hearing about them on the Food Channel quite often and have always wanted to try them. Most recently on Hot Dog Food Paradise. They are really good hot dogs and very friendly people running this establishment.

I learn so many cooking methods and techniques when we get together. It is a real learning experience and I am so lucky to have such good and knowledgeable friends to hang out with a couple of times a year. I can't wait until we meet again.

YES...YES HE DOES!!!! :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 10:39:51 AM »
Sometimes  I feel I live on an island ...so far away from everyone :'( :'(
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »
 I understand Don.  You had to be home on time.  All you missed was a few friends sitting around on the deck while I grilled fresh squash,
 sweet onions, peppers and mushrooms with Conecuh along with a huge piece of beef filet cooked to a melt in your mouth finish...    just sayin....  Oh and we finished it all off with a frozen strawberry cream pie...   
  ;) 8)

Terry, we missed y'all, too. I was going to call you for lunch yesterday, but I figured that you were doing mother's day stuff with Kerry and I was hoping to get back to Houston in a timely manner. We will see you in the fall.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"