Author Topic: 12 Year Old JennAir Gasser --> Junkheap  (Read 13739 times)

Offline rexster314

12 Year Old JennAir Gasser --> Junkheap
« Reply #-1 on: August 09, 2018, 06:59:30 PM »
The old grill just gave up. I hadn't used it for a couple of years, the sear burner nor the rotisserie burner just wouldn't stay lit, always blowing out. Flame tamers burnt out, burners pretty much burned out and warped. The valve for each burner was sticking like crazy, had to use vice grips to turn the damn things. Side burner that I hardly ever used was corroded badly.
Yesterday I finally said enough.
I found a brand new, open box Kitchenaid 720-0856V 8 burner gasser. I know, made by Nexgrill, but they made the Jennair and I couldn't argue about the quality or service from them. They completely replaced 2 sets of flame tamers, 2 sets of burners, one sear burner and one rotisserie burner in the first 4 years of ownership. All I ever paid was for shipping. Overall, to me not a bad experience. I found the K/A on craigslist just looking around for grills. Open box, never used for 650$. That's half price or better. And the K/A warranty for it is good. Only thing it doesn't have is a side burner, and as I didn't use the one on the Jennair, don't mind it a bit. Plus a 30 day DOA warranty from the seller. Picking it up in Houston tomorrow. And good news, the rotisserie I have should fit the new grill as well.

Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline rwalters

« on: August 09, 2018, 07:55:20 PM »
That’s a nice looking grill. Please do report back... the good, the bad and the ugly :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline rexster314

Re: 12 Year Old JennAir Gasser --> Junkheap
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:29 PM »
Picked up the new grill today. Got it placed on our back deck ok, took about 30 minutes to assemble and attach the side shelf and sear burner. Made sure everything was connected, took a breath and fired it up. I turned on the 6 main burners and the rotisserie burner. Grill reached 550o in 7 minutes which ain't shabby. Sear burner wouldn't come on but I'm gonna check the igniter clearance when the thing cools down. It's sparking, but nothing happening.
Here's some pics

2 MES 40" smokers

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »
Looks like you got a great deal
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:53 PM »
That's a nice grill.  There's a lot of knobs.  I betcha that sucker will cook a mean steak.  Love the rotisserie.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
That is a sweet set-up.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline rexster314

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »
Wanted to tell you guys about my experience with the vendor. Especially Houston area people. I found this on craigslist. The people there were friendly and let me look over the grill before purchase, even taking out the accessory boxes and opening them up. I saw several other grills on their loading dock. Don't know what kind, but they were large ones. They loaded it in the back of my Expedition and put foam padding around it so it wouldn't slide or break out my back glass. Name of the place is Altech, on Pinemont in N Houston. If you're looking for a big screen TV, they got countless shelves of them. They are resellers of returned items, damaged items, etc, and apparently have been in business for some time
I'm not making anything off this, just wanted to let people know of the place and the great deal I got.
2 MES 40" smokers