Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

Dropshots hosting service

(1/2) > >>

Roget:
Do any of you use Dropshots?
I have been using it since switching from Photobucket  (maybe a year??) It has been working fine.

The last pic I posted on here was on Jan. 23 of this year. No problem.
Yesterday I tried to post a pic to no avail.
It wouldn't let me copy & paste as usual.
Also all of my previous pictures posted on here (using Dropshots) are gone.
Anyone else having a problem???
Any insights???

sliding_billy:
I tried them for a little while after the Photobucket mess originally started.  It was obviously an outdated site/phone software that had not been updated depite them claiming that updates were comping.  It was a slim, easy to use interfact especially if you don't post pics that often.  Then, their site attemted to install a trojan on my machine(s).  It happened on two different machines running two different virus packages (home running Malwarebytes and my old work machine running enterprise Mcafee).  Attempts to delete my account resulted in the same trojan attempt.  An email to them went unanswered, so I just deleted everything from the computers and phone.  Obviously, I will not use them again.  I have been using Imgur since then, and depite it being an odd looking site for us to use for hosting (it has a social media aspect, and it isn't uncommon to see stuff that isn't in the best of taste) it works perfectly.  Figure out how to get [img] links and make sure you are posting everything as private (public will result in people voting on your pics) are the only things to know before starting.  The phone app works good as well as the computer version.  Best of all, it's free and unlimited (that I have seen).

Jaxon:
I haven't been able to post a photo in forever...

Maybe Tim put Dee in charge of photo posting

Just sayin'...

TMB:

--- Quote from: Jaxon on April 15, 2019, 05:39:24 PM ---I haven't been able to post a photo in forever...

Maybe Tim put Dee in charge of photo posting

Just sayin'...

--- End quote ---
LOL ain't that the truth :D :D

"IF" I could ever get Google to work for me i'd post more pictures

DWard51:
I moved to Imgur after Photo-suck-it screwed the world over.   No problems so far. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version