Author Topic: Searching Craigslist for a Big Easy cooker  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Merrick Bill

Re: Searching Craigslist for a Big Easy cooker
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
Gosh Darn Bill you BBQ maniac, you own like 42 assorted grills, one more wont hurt much  ;D ;D go for the SRG at Char-Broil:

http://www.charbroil.com/VProductInfo/1-54-95-2100/The-Big-Easy-Smoker-Roaster--Grill.aspx

Just call me the day its delivered and I will swing by and help you get it out of the box :o 8) ;D ;D

I don't have time to cook on all the equipment I already own.  But a Big Easy fryer of some type is on the wish list.  If I do get one, you'll be the first person I call.  For the help, and to finally get those cookbooks.

Bill
Large Big Green Egg, Traeger BBQ075, NBBD, La Caja China, Brinkman All-In-One, Weber Q200, Weber Q220, Weber Q320, WSM, and more Weber kettles than I care to admit.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 01:53:10 PM »
I will toss in some pear wood as well Bill :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »

I've even seen that same unit with a 'Butterball' label on it..    "Oil-less turkey fryer"

The Butterball oil less turkey fryer (at least the one Academy sells) is made by Masterbuilt. It is an electric model and cooks using "radiant" heat. Academy had a turkey cook for the customers right before Thanksgiving and cooked on TBE and the Butterball, both had good results.

I think the Thermos branded Big Easy is what they sell in Canada? The original Grill2Go model was branded as Thermos before the Grill2Go Ice came out branded as Char-Broil.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware