Author Topic: Hey, I got this wild turkey breast.....  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Sam3

Re: Hey, I got this wild turkey breast.....
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 07:35:36 AM »
Looks real good Chris. Sorry to hear about 10. 5 1/4 luck. No worries, she'll connect soon enough.

Me, I like to cube mine, dip in beer batter and deep fry. I can pick through the meat a little better, since some of the birds were taken off of state land. I've had breasts that had a stray pellet or two in them. Ouch..
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 10:01:16 AM »
Sorry to hear about 10.5 1/4's luck. That's why they call it hunting and not harvesting... she'll get hers.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about 10.5 1/4's luck. That's why they call it hunting and not harvesting... she'll get hers.

David
I'm not worried she is already asking what the next youth season is and when she can go hunting again. She didn't get to pull the trigger, but it's not like she didnt see anything. Had the safety off a couple times but only hens walking into range. We even had deer standing close enough to us you could see their eyelashes. We had a bunch of fun.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »

David
I'm not worried she is already asking what the next youth season is and when she can go hunting again. She didn't get to pull the trigger, but it's not like she didnt see anything. Had the safety off a couple times but only hens walking into range. We even had deer standing close enough to us you could see their eyelashes. We had a bunch of fun.

Great times for you and her. I am happy for both of you.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #