Author Topic: I need advice...  (Read 2051 times)

Offline pz

Re: I need advice...
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »
Many thanks for all the kind comments and great advice!

We'll be eating that chicken for days, and the cheese for months.  I've now a rotation schedule for my cheeses - there are three batches of differing ages in the fridge - looks almost like a cheese counter in a store  ;D

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »
Many thanks for all the kind comments and great advice!

We'll be eating that chicken for days, and the cheese for months.  I've now a rotation schedule for my cheeses - there are three batches of differing ages in the fridge - looks almost like a cheese counter in a store  ;D

pz - great cook! Loved the pictures.

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
Thanks David!

Typically I cook chicken and save the breast for last - not because it is the best, but because I have to choke down cottony chicken, and have to try to figure out what to do with it.

This evening we sliced a breast across the grain, and put it on a slice of my wife's homemade thyme bread topped with Bradley smoked cheddar (mild).  My wife's comment was "OMG, it's moist!" I was pleased and flattered that she liked the SRG cook so much, but the implication is clear "Dear, sorry to say this but your prior chicken sucks;D

The breast was moist and tender, even on the day after spending the night in the fridge - best chicken breast I've ever eaten.  I am totally sold on the SRG for doing birds, and can't wait to try it on a Thanksgiving turkey.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
You're going to love that turkey, pz. That's how I got into the SRG. My youngest brother was the family's official turkey fryer for years - the old fashioned way. Several years ago (just when they came out) I bought him a TBE for Christmas. He called me up when he made his first turkey - said not only was it easier and safer with no oil to deal with, it was the best d@#n turkey he ever made or ate. I bought the SRG when it came out and have to agree.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
Quote from: pz
if you like goat cheese at all, you'd love smoked goat cheese.

Smoked goat cheese, man that does sound good!  I will gladly take that advice and give it a try. 
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:04 AM »
everything looks great.  starting to get chilly here i think some cheese will be calling my name soon 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"