Author Topic: Traeger Cold Smoked Rib Eyes Seared on TBE  (Read 1368 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Traeger Cold Smoked Rib Eyes Seared on TBE
« Reply #-1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »
So I had some fresh corn and rib-eyes to cook for dinner. The corn was farm fresh from a local grower. The ears of corn were shucked and then basted with a mix of sweet butter, hickory smoked salt, sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then tightly wrapped with foil and placed on the TBE grill for 30 minutes. The rib-eyes were already rubbed with gunpowder before they were vac sealed and frozen. While the corn was cooking I fired up the smoke daddy that is hooked up to my Traeger. I added cherry wood chips and a mix of pecan pellets. Placed the cold steaks in the Traeger for a 30 minute cold smoke before grilling. They stayed cold the entire time. Then I pulled the corn off and placed the rib-eyes for the sear. These were really thick rib-eyes and took 12 minutes a side to finish medium rare. One was about 2 inches thick :o

They turned out awesome! Great smoke flavor on those steaks and the gunpowder rub just pushed that smokey flavor over the edge ;D

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven