Author Topic: Bacon Warpped Hot Dogs  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Bacon Warpped Hot Dogs
« Reply #-1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
Well the rain here in SLC shows no signs of letting up, outdoor cooking isn't even an option right now.  I'm stuck inside the RV with the dog, the cat, and fridge full of beer. ::)

So what's a man to do?  I find a package of bacon wrapped hot dogs and cook them on the stove in a fry pan.

Then I pair them with some cheese curds I picked up at Cache Valley in Beaver UT on our way up here, one bag of Salsa Cheese Curds and the other Jalapeño Cheese Curds and a Rodeo Rye Pale Ale to go with it.

I hope this rain stops soon, I got to get outside and cook some more. Plus the Harley and the golf clubs are just begging to get used. :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

Re: Bacon Warpped Hot Dogs
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »
Poor bugger! Stuck inside with cheese, bacon-wrapped hotdogs, and a fridge full of beer. I sure do hope your survival skills are up to snuff Ralph! These are trying times for you brother!   LOL   8)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
Poor bugger! Stuck inside with cheese, bacon-wrapped hotdogs, and a fridge full of beer. I sure do hope your survival skills are up to snuff Ralph! These are trying times for you brother!   LOL   8)

It's a rough life Ralph, but looks like ya got it handled!  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RAD

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 04:10:43 PM »
The sacrifices we have to make. I feel for you my friend. Just hang in there.
Love to cook and eat

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »
Hang in there!!  It will be over before you know it.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »
LVC, sometimes life is tuff.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »

I should survive, if the beer runs out I still got 6 bottles of wine and 3 bottles of Jack Daniels on hand, that should get me through the next couple of days.  ::) :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
Sounds like you got things covered.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »
Remember - beer has food substance but food doesn't have any beer substance. You will make it.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »

I should survive, if the beer runs out I still got 6 bottles of wine and 3 bottles of Jack Daniels on hand, that should get me through the next couple of days.  ::) :P

That's what I like to call a "HIGH CLASS PROBLEM" - good luck I hope you don't suffer too long  8)
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »

I had to reread what you said.  I thought the Turtle showed up to help you!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »

I was worried for a minute. But, it sounds like you might squeak through - good luck (and the bacon wrapped dogs looked good!)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »
Sounds like a real rough time :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »
I keep my cookers under my awning in case it rains...
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »
I'd pack up and move to where the sun is ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.