Author Topic: It’s Here!!!  (Read 3471 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: It’s Here!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
Ahhh,  the club is growing.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »
Congrats on the new toy and great looking first try.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline bczajka

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »
Great advice Muebe, I am finding the same about the pellets with the loader, its tough to keep loader set and going without overfilling the hopper and then run and get the pizza..... I am so use to being organized in my professional kitchen its trying to get the same system in the home kitchen and get stacie out of the way, easier said than done, right Dee! lol, its produced some great pies so far and I will definitely bring it to the outing. The recipe that I am using for my dough is
4C. Bread Flour
1 pack - dried yeast placed in water of 105 degrees
then add in 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of honey ( i use honey over sugar, like the flavor)
1 teaspoon of EVOO
 - so i add the yeast and the water and let bloom for 7 minutes, add in the salt and honey, let sit for 3 minutes add the evoo and then add into the mixer with a dough hook into the bread flour and let it go until its all together and not sticking to the sides. I cut this recipe into 6 balls and it seems to be the right size for the peel
Bradley J Czajka
Regional Executive Chef

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 09:09:07 PM »
Brad thanks for posting your dough recipe!

It will take some practice but once you get the Uuni 2 dialed in you will be putting out some consistent pies.

It took me some time to learn the first Uuni and now it will take me some time to learn the Uuni 2 but I will get it dialed in ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 10:12:37 PM »
Brad - I like a super thin crust. High glutenous "tug" with a crisp edge on the crust....

Will this recipe give me that?
Thanks-
T

And.....we ought to copy this recipe into the recipes section - I can do that and credit/attribute it to you.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401