Author Topic: Caveman steak on the Lodge  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Re: Caveman steak on the Lodge
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »
Looks great!!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
Just gotta try that, in spite of my wife's turned up nose when I mentioned it.   Guess I can leave hers on a LOT longer--she's like Kimmie--unless it's close to black through and through, it ain't done!   Groan!  Ruination of a good piece of meat and at today's beef prices, hate that!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
Just gotta try that, in spite of my wife's turned up nose when I mentioned it.   Guess I can leave hers on a LOT longer--she's like Kimmie--unless it's close to black through and through, it ain't done!   Groan!  Ruination of a good piece of meat and at today's beef prices, hate that!

Mrs. LVC also likes steaks chared on the outside, but medium on the inside.  When she came home from work and saw me putting the steaks directly on the coals she gave me that WTF are you doing look.  But she quickly realized what magic was taking place and reminded me of how much she likes the outside chared.  So when I served it to her she was pleasenty surprised how well it turned out and asked me to do them again like that.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)