Author Topic: Bull Bison Charcoal Grill with Cart  (Read 1602 times)

Offline So Cal Smoker

Bull Bison Charcoal Grill with Cart
« Reply #-1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »
Good morning, I've been trying to research Bull Bison Charcoal Grill without much luck. I've research Hasty Bake and I'm not real impressed with the build quality. The Bull is made of 304 ss and looks better built. I've never cooked on either one so no idea which cooks the best. I hope some of you folks may have some experience with both Grills or one of the two. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Bill   
WSM 22.5
Weber Performer
Weber Genesis
MAK 2 Star
Dorkfood DSV
Always cooking in So Cal

Offline CaptJack

King of the OldSmokey

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Bull Bison Charcoal Grill with Cart
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:35:29 PM »
So Cal here is a link to a good review on the Hasty Bake
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-cook-on-hasty-bake-gourmet.html
Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Old Dave

• Wood & Charcoal is the only Fuel
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 04:48:12 PM »
Hello Bill,

I can't tell you much about the Bull Bison Charcoal Grill other than I did go to the web page and looked at it and it does look like a fine cooker.

However, I can tell you about the Hasty Bake cookers as I do own two of them.

Cooker one is 44 years old and still doing a great job. It is just a standard Hasty Bake made out of standard stainless and carbon steel. Of course, they both are made in the USA by a small company that has been in business for a long time.

Cooker two is the finest charcoal cooker that money can buy. It is all stainless steel and has a large capacity with it's raised hood. This cooker is about 6 years old and is my go to cooker for many different charcoal cooks.

As for build quality, I guess I don't see where it is poorly built as most of these cookers are around for many years after most other cookers are long gone.

I have a lot of information on these cookers on my blog. Go there and look up the Hasty Bake / Classic Cooker in my table of contents and you will find 16 articles on the cookers ranging from smoking cheese at about 80 degrees to cooking and baking on the cooker. Items like Pastramied Beef,
Rotisserie Chickens, Rotisserie Cornish Hens, Chuck Roasts, Turkey Breasts, Appetizers, and other cooks can be found there.

Take a look and if I can answer any questions on the Hasty Bake, just fire them this way and I will answer or get you an answer for them.

Good luck with your purchase.

Dave
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs Competition Cooking Team

3 Backwoods--3 Big Green Eggs--2 Char-Broils
1 Cobb--1 Original Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker
1 Traeger & 2 Green Mountain Pellet Cookers
1 Genuswine Rotisserie Smoker--2 Hasty Bakes
1 Orion Cooker--6 Webers--Several Homebuilts

Offline So Cal Smoker

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
Thank you Capt Jack and Don, the links were helpful. I would love to see a report like the one for Hasty Bake for the Bull Bison. From what I understand Bull is a very good high end grill but is there anybody out there that cooks on one?
     Thanks again Guys
               Bill
WSM 22.5
Weber Performer
Weber Genesis
MAK 2 Star
Dorkfood DSV
Always cooking in So Cal

Offline So Cal Smoker

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »
Thanks Dave, I have the feeling I can learn a lot from your experience with the Hasty Bake. I'll be checking in soon.
     Thanks again
            Bill

WSM 22.5
Weber Performer
Weber Genesis
MAK 2 Star
Dorkfood DSV
Always cooking in So Cal