Author Topic: Let's Build Our Dream Outdoor Kitchen!  (Read 1993 times)

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Let's Build Our Dream Outdoor Kitchen!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:41:01 PM »
As of now, my current setup is under a deck. I installed a paneled roof for cover but the smoke has stained it. Won't do that again. I want to build a pergola of sorts as there will be a hanging daybed type swing out there for my wife, also a dining area like I currently have. If I get lucky enough, maybe I can find a house with a "Florida" room on it to have those things then have it open out onto the kitchen.
Sound system is not a big deal to me since I can run speakers outside easily. If money were no object, I could drop $100K on this easily, lol

RG we built a sunroom/FL room & love it. It is a four season room with many windows. 18 by 14 size

It has heat & air & ceiling fan, but we keep the windows open most of the time. It has a dining table, Large sofa, Love seat & Chair with tables & storage. We also have a five CD player with speaker in the room, dining area & out by the pool. It also has a small bar.

We just love the room. We go out one door & the cooking area & outside dining is there. the other door goes to the kitchen.

So I say go for a sunroom!!!!

X2!!
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "Dream" because $100K is just that, lol. Maybe I can find a house that has a sun room already or a covered porch. Mostly for ideas I wanted recommendations on appliances/grills so y'all have given me some good suggestions. Here's where I am so far for cookers, some I have, some I don't. A Memphis Elite Drop-In (The smaller one), Drop-In Santa Maria (about a 30-32 inch), maybe a side burner or 2 (I really never use the one I have now to be honest), Primo XL in the island, counter space for the UUNI, make a shelf of sorts for the SI#3 and KBQ to sit on and then Steph's Keg 5000 in the Keg Grilling Cabinet off by itself somewhere with the La Caja China, lol. No More Gas Grill, no free standing Traeger.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
 So RG , It's looking like your house should be 900 sq ft (you'll only need bed and bath rooms) with a 2500 - 3500 sq ft patio, Fully equipped cook center with retractable roof , pantry and a hot tub.  Full theater sound with big screen 4K TV.  Don't forget a nice built in fire pit for the cold nights with a padded bench seat top for the summers. 

I think if you'll let a couple of us get together with your checkbook we can come up with something decent for you...  ;)  If we do this right you won't even have to cut grass...
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 12:01:36 PM »
 Kidding around aside, There is a place in Baton Rouge called Shoppers Choice. They have a really nice setup with a variety of full patios set up on the site. If you are ever over there it's worth a stop for ideas. They have lots and lots of inventory.
  They also have a virtual tour using a Google maps type viewer.
ShoppersChoice.com
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »
So RG , It's looking like your house should be 900 sq ft (you'll only need bed and bath rooms) with a 2500 - 3500 sq ft patio, Fully equipped cook center with retractable roof , pantry and a hot tub.  Full theater sound with big screen 4K TV.  Don't forget a nice built in fire pit for the cold nights with a padded bench seat top for the summers. 

I think if you'll let a couple of us get together with your checkbook we can come up with something decent for you...  ;)  If we do this right you won't even have to cut grass...

Now there are some good ideas......I would be glad to help as longs as there are some adult drinks to keep us going ;D ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 12:26:39 PM »
RG here is a company I ran into at the Norwalk boat show http://www.myparadisegrill.com/

I did not spend lots of time there but they seem to have a big list of equipment that can spend your money very fast LOL

Maybe there are some ideas here that you can use.

This is a great thread RG & it got me thinking that my small charcoal grills, Magma grill, Big easy, Electric grill, fryer, tailgate grill, pizza oven, Butane burner, Grills 2 go 200 & blenders can travel very easy. This is good for me since I tailgate & boat. I don't spend every weekend in my backyard but when needed they can all be used at home. So between on the boat cooking, on the island cooking & at the ball park I am covered. Even at dockside or on the road I am covered.

I guess in a past life I must have been on a wagon train lol

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »
If I win the lottery who knows? I could build all of that no problem! What I end up with will be a far cry from what I could "Dream" of having for sure. I have an image of what I want it to look like but the reality is that it's going to depend on the house and layout. If I can get a house like I want then facilitating the outdoor kitchen becomes easier. Aside from cooking I want a nice place to just hang out and chill. This will make the whole thing more enjoyable and we'll be more apt to use it. As it stands, my current outdoor "kitchen" doesn't get used much because it's downstairs and we just don't spend much time in the basement like I thought we would when I was finishing it. I thought we'd basically live down there! The next house will be (ideally) just single story ranch and if I can find THE right house it'll be where the house's kitchen opens up right to the outdoor one. That'll be a big bonus for me. We'll see how it pans out. I have to get this house in selling shape, then sell it THEN find another to buy. It'll be a HUGE PITA I am sure.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!