Author Topic: Terrifying BBQ dream...  (Read 1965 times)

Offline rwalters

Terrifying BBQ dream...
« Reply #-1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »
Do you ever dream about BBQ's?  I do on occasion.  Had a scary one the other night.

In my dream, I saw myself posting an ad on Craigslist for a BBQ that I was selling.  Within minutes of posting the ad, before having even one response, I had a knock at our front door.  I answered the door to find a guy standing there wanting to check out the bbq.  I asked him how he knew about it and how he had gotten our address.  Without answering the questions, he proceeded to walk right past me into our home, heading straight for the backyard.  I asked him what the heck he thought he was doing... not a word from him.  As he entered our backyard, he began to check out the grill that I had for sale.  Following him into the backyard, I began to shout at him, again asking what the heck he thought he was doing?!?!  At that point he began to reach into his pants for "something".  Seeing this, I quickly spun a 180 running back into the house locking the door and grabbing my phone to call 911.

That's when I woke up...

Normally my BBQ dreams are much more enjoyale than that!

If you dream BBQ's, what's your craziest/best one so far?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: Terrifying BBQ dream...
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:56:44 PM »
Rob, when you ran back into the house was it in slow motion?

I can't recall any BBQ dreams. I do have some weird ones otherwise.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
What were you drinking before bedtime?  LOL.  That is quite the dream!
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline rwalters

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »

No way man... this was playing in real-time high-resolution!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
I had two dreams about BBQ, one was a BBQ contest I entered and finished ok but no win then found out why, I had used my Big easy's and gas was not allowed

The 2nd dream, Kimmie wanted a steak Med Rare  ??? ???  I knew that was a dream  :D :D :D 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline rwalters

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »

No way man... this was playing in real-time high-resolution!
What's even more scary... I don't drink... lol.  Perhaps it was all the smoke I took in cooking that nights dinner ;)

Offline rwalters

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »
I had two dreams about BBQ, one was a BBQ contest I entered and finished ok but no win then found out why, I had used my Big easy's and gas was not allowed

The 2nd dream, Kimmie wanted a steak Med Rare  ??? ???  I knew that was a dream  :D :D :D
Is she a "well-done" kinda girl?

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »

Well DONE, no more like burn it till no fat or meat can be seen.

We went to a Albert's house (member here) and he cooked her steak to 189 and stopped cooking it, so I tossed it back on till it was BLACK    no lie ask anyone who knows the legend of Kimmie's burnt meat taste buds

If you know what a hockey puck looks like then you know how she like her hambuger steak ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline rwalters

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »

We went to a Albert's house (member here) and he cooked her steak to 189 and stopped cooking it, so I tossed it back on till it was BLACK    no lie ask anyone who knows the legend of Kimmie's burnt meat taste buds

If you know what a hockey puck looks like then you know how she like her hambuger steak ??? ???
189 and toss back on the grill?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I thought my wife was bad.  After 24 year of marriage I finally have her down to an internal temp of 155 :)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »

189 and toss back on the grill?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I thought my wife was bad.  After 24 year of marriage I finally have her down to an internal temp of 155 :)
HA HA she would say that's RAW  :D :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline rwalters

Terrifying BBQ dream...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 03:08:49 PM »

HA HA she would say that's RAW  :D :D :D
I wonder how a well done (160°+) Sous Vide steak would do? Wonder if it would have a bit of moisture left and be a bit more tender than a well done “grilled” steak?

Offline Pappymn

Terrifying BBQ dream...
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 03:30:05 PM »
I have regular nightmares about Tee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline rwalters

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 03:41:27 PM »

Care to share?  Or would it violate LTBBQ policy? LOL!!!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »

Care to share?  Or would it violate LTBBQ policy? LOL!!!
Most things that Tee is involved with violate LTBBQ (just saying)  :D :D :D :D :D

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »
Do you ever dream about BBQ's?  I do on occasion.  Had a scary one the other night.

In my dream, I saw myself posting an ad on Craigslist for a BBQ that I was selling.  Within minutes of posting the ad, before having even one response, I had a knock at our front door.  I answered the door to find a guy standing there wanting to check out the bbq.  I asked him how he knew about it and how he had gotten our address.  Without answering the questions, he proceeded to walk right past me into our home, heading straight for the backyard.  I asked him what the heck he thought he was doing... not a word from him.  As he entered our backyard, he began to check out the grill that I had for sale.  Following him into the backyard, I began to shout at him, again asking what the heck he thought he was doing?!?!  At that point he began to reach into his pants for "something".  Seeing this, I quickly spun a 180 running back into the house locking the door and grabbing my phone to call 911.

That's when I woke up...

Normally my BBQ dreams are much more enjoyale than that!

If you dream BBQ's, what's your craziest/best one so far?

I sometimes have nightmares about Tee's ghostly white legs. Seriously, anytime I have something for sale, or basically if there is someone I don't know at my front door I have a 9mm in my back pocket before I open it. After having to fight for my life once when I answered the door, it won't happen again.

Right after we moved to Dothan my doorbell started ringing at 4:30am and then they started knocking on the front door. I got my home defense shotgun and went and turned on the porch light. There was a Dothan police officer there and he backed up a bit and said I don't think you need that. He said your cars doors are open and the lights are on. I went out with him and it was obvious someone had been in my car, my bad for forgetting to lock the doors.  He was very nice and said he would have done the same thing. He said if somebody comes to your door and tries to force their way in your house take them down.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware