Author Topic: Pittsburgh Steak Salad  (Read 9869 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Pittsburgh Steak Salad
« Reply #-1 on: August 29, 2020, 01:45:50 PM »
Thin cut Chuck steak in cast iron, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, ranch and of course fries.

Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Pittsburgh Steak Salad
« on: August 29, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »
Looks like I need a plate of that Billy! Yum!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »
I'll take a plate!!  Looks great!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 08:07:25 PM »
Fries in a salad? That's just crazy talk. Sign me up!
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline rmalik1

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
Thin cut Chuck steak in cast iron, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, ranch and of course fries.

As a Pittsburgher looks good but not quite right. I would use NY Strip or similar steak. Lettuce and such on the bottom of plate, followed strips of steak topped with fries and dressing also the use of shredded cheese is a option. Chicken strips can replace steak even buffalo chicken strips - honey glazed....

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »

As a Pittsburgher looks good but not quite right. I would use NY Strip or similar steak. Lettuce and such on the bottom of plate, followed strips of steak topped with fries and dressing also the use of shredded cheese is a option. Chicken strips can replace steak even buffalo chicken strips - honey glazed....

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh living between there and NW PA until I was 40.  I tend to agree about the strip (chuck steak of on sale though), and my wife (also a 'yinzer) totally agrees about chicken.  Fries are of course what makes it "Pittsburgh" just like a Primanti Bros sandwich.  As long as you don't tell me to use cheddar instead of mozzarella, we are good with or without cheese.  I actually had it in there but forgot to mention it.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 07:19:31 PM »
... Chicken strips can replace steak ...

I like chicken as much as the next guy but chicken strips can NEVER replace steak. Hell, chicken strips can't even replace chicken (but they can and should replace tofu at every opportunity).

Jus' sayin'...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
... Chicken strips can replace steak ...

I like chicken as much as the next guy but chicken strips can NEVER replace steak. Hell, chicken strips can't even replace chicken (but they can and should replace tofu at every opportunity).

Jus' sayin'...

I agree! Steak that is what goes in this meal
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »
You have contributed to my education.  (That's one of the reasons I come here.)
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline Walleyewacker

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 08:38:08 AM »
Yummy  greens grease and protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rmalik1

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 02:44:55 PM »

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh living between there and NW PA until I was 40.  I tend to agree about the strip (chuck steak of on sale though), and my wife (also a 'yinzer) totally agrees about chicken.  Fries are of course what makes it "Pittsburgh" just like a Primanti Bros sandwich.  As long as you don't tell me to use cheddar instead of mozzarella, we are good with or without cheese.  I actually had it in there but forgot to mention it.

Traveled in 5th wheel with wife for 2 years and moved from Brookline section of city out to the sticks in Rostraver Twp. We lived in the Burgh our whole life (excluded tour of duty in USN) Love Pgh. Salad, Perogies, Haluski, City Chicken, Isaly's Chipped Ham,a Hoagie,Good slice of Pizza (Beto's, Vincent's on Ardmore Blvd, Fiori's,Mineo's...) and a Pop .......

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 03:47:05 PM »

Traveled in 5th wheel with wife for 2 years and moved from Brookline section of city out to the sticks in Rostraver Twp. We lived in the Burgh our whole life (excluded tour of duty in USN) Love Pgh. Salad, Perogies, Haluski, City Chicken, Isaly's Chipped Ham,a Hoagie,Good slice of Pizza (Beto's, Vincent's on Ardmore Blvd, Fiori's,Mineo's...) and a Pop .......

My dad and I used to go to Beto's regularly (extra cheese so that you go  the huge handful of unmeted cheese).  I laughed when I saw you mention it.  The funniest part is that my wife is from Dormont and thinks Beto's is the most disgusting thing ever.  It is certainly a "love it or hate it" food.