Author Topic: Another Charcoal Sale Thread  (Read 1193 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Another Charcoal Sale Thread
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I wrote an email to HD corporate about the 1st store I called refusing to honor their own price (and mostly about the guy pretty much hanging up on me when he told me no).  I got a call from the store manager late last week asking me to come in so that he could make it right.  I went in yesterday and picked up 10 more packs at $4.88 (7 for me and 3 for a friend).  He asked me is that was all I needed.  He would have sold me all he had at that price.  I had my coupe, and my friend had a small vehicle too so fitting 7 2-packs in mine and 3 in his was already a challenge.  I had a 10% off coupon that he allowed me to use, so I got them for $4.39 per pack.  I counted last night.  I have a bit over 700 lbs of Kingsford stacked up in the garage right now (luckily, we get no moisture at all in there).  My wife says I should be good through 2015.  :P
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Pappymn

Another Charcoal Sale Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »

I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I wrote an email to HD corporate about the 1st store I called refusing to honor their own price (and mostly about the guy pretty much hanging up on me when he told me no).  I got a call from the store manager late last week asking me to come in so that he could make it right.  I went in yesterday and picked up 10 more packs at $4.88 (7 for me and 3 for a friend).  He asked me is that was all I needed.  He would have sold me all he had at that price.  I had my coupe, and my friend had a small vehicle too so fitting 7 2-packs in mine and 3 in his was already a challenge.  I had a 10% off coupon that he allowed me to use, so I got them for $4.39 per pack.  I counted last night.  I have a bit over 700 lbs of Kingsford stacked up in the garage right now (luckily, we get no moisture at all in there).  My wife says I should be good through 2015.  :P

I love it when companies do the right thing. So easy to lose a customer.....hard to get one back.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »

or at least you will sleep good at night up until the next sale on Memorial Day 2014  :P :P
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »
Sucks to be me....got so excited went right to HD's site....... without even realizing this might have been an older post. DUH.....Here's my sign!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"