Author Topic: Costco  (Read 3571 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Re: Costco
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »
Been a Costco member since 1986 ... before it was Costco  8)  Costco evaluates products and then only carry 1 of that product.  Unlike super markets that carry 5-10 different brands of that product.  It may not always be the cheapest but you know you're getting a quality product.
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 12:13:27 PM »
Awhile back I saw a special on the founder of Costco and he said one of the things he does is limit the selection to just two or three brands.  That way people don't waste time trying to make choices having to evaluate a lot of different brands of the same product.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »
Prince,  A Cabela's is opening next to our Costco the spring of 2014 and a Bass Pro late fall or so 2014 about four miles away.  Dee

That will be really cool! I like all the grills and smokers and BBQ rubs/sauces that Bass Pro carries. Cabela's seems to only want to carry there own rub and like one other brand from what I've seen. I've heard talk of a Bass Pro Shop coming here, but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

~Jay Prince

DOn't know about the Bass Pro - but I do know for a fact ;) that you guys in Greenville are getting a Cabela's...which is kind of Bass Pro+ IMHO...

Yeah the Cabela's is going to be pretty much right next door to the Costco. Woodruff Road is already crazy busy with traffic. The good thing is that part of Woodruff Road has a little less traffic. I think it's going to be a pretty nice looking Cabela's. I heard they were thinking of building a Bass Pro Shop in Greer, SC, but that was a couple years ago. I like Bass Pro because they have a better selection of grills/smokers and some good BBQ rubs and sauces. Either way Cabela's will be great for our area. :)

~Jay Prince
• Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •

Offline GrillGeek

• www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com
Costco
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »
Costco has a great business philosophy (obviously) and the CEO has some great ideas.

I read that one of his analysts told him if they raised the price of the hot dog combo a few cents they would bring in another 22 million annually or something like that. He told the guy to stick it and said that that combo will always be $1.50.
Owner of Simi Pellet Grills- The Pellet Grill Outfitters
www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com

805-285-2618

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »
It's hard to beat that hot dog, or sausage dog, and drink for a $1.50. That's why the tables are always got folks at them.
What amazes me though is how the founder is such a great businessman is an unabashed liberal.  (Hopefully, this is not too political.  It just appears to be incongruent.  Oh, well that's what makes this a great country.) 

Prince,  it wasn't that long ago that Greer and G'ville were separated by woods.  Now they ain't separated by nothing.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Pappymn

Costco
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »

It's hard to beat that hot dog, or sausage dog, and drink for a $1.50. That's why the tables are always got folks at them.
What amazes me though is how the founder is such a great businessman is an unabashed liberal.  (Hopefully, this is not too political.  It just appears to be incongruent.  Oh, well that's what makes this a great country.) 

Prince,  it wasn't that long ago that Greer and G'ville were separated by woods.  Now they ain't separated by nothing.

Dee

Very true! I have read they have a 7% margin on goods sold. And make the vast majority of profit on the membership fee.  I am a shareholder, and the stock has done very well. Excellent business model.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109