Author Topic: I need to apologize….  (Read 2654 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: I need to apologize….
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »

I think Tee should be commended for expressing his opinion in the Thermapen thread - I for one really enjoyed seeing the diverse opinions expressed as a consequence of the conversation.
That is one of the reasons for hanging our on forums--to get different opinions on different items.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »
I am humbled by the gracious thoughts and words. ( yes Gus...even the Roll Tide comment ;D )

But, truly, when the "man in the mirror" looks at you and says " O.K. dummy - you KNOW better than to act like that"...well - he is kind of hard to avoid reckonin' with... ;) ;D

The hallmark of a real community - not just a "forum" is when you know that you can count on not only support - but (often overlooked) honesty among friends - when things are 'less than perfect"....And the understanding and grace of others.

Thanks again folks. Really. I mean THANK YOU ALL. It is YOUR forum. ANd I appreciate being a part of it.

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

I need to apologize….
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 11:06:18 PM »
Tee is OK in my book. A bit of a doofus....which makes him family to me. Perfection is boring and not attainable.

Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 11:20:50 PM »
Been kinda preoccupied and hadn't responded to "that other" thread. But, T- I can admire several things from this situation: 1- that we can disagree and make a valid discussion without it being personal. I quite enjoyed reading the tit for tat; and learned a lot by reading the posts. In fact, I have been thinking of a ThermaPen or two; I am now rethinking my decision and going to be doing more research into which I want. That is what this forum is for. 2- That you are a man of principal and integrity! So, even if I had had a problem with your posts, to "man" up and apologize and clarify what your were meaning, Brother- that only elevates by respect for you and LTBBQ. Don't see me leaving this forum any time soon!!!!

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »
I'm a little bit late to this thread, but I for one had no issue with your comments in the other thread Tim.  You type just like you talk, and I guess if someone had never met you (or red enough of what you post) they might take some of what you said the wrong way.  I hope we all know each other well enough to understand that there is no insult intended (or can at least trust that there is none when we don't know the other very well).

My theory is that since the weather is changing and you are undoubtedly having to wear long pants, those legs of yours aren't breathing properly... OK, need to get that image out of my head.   ???  Peace All!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 07:14:48 AM »
Tee is OK in my book. A bit of a doofus....which makes him family to me. Perfection is boring and not attainable.

Kinda like cousin Eddie ???

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 08:20:25 AM »
What I like about everyone here is even though you or I might read something and chuckle at it, we might feel that others might not, or even might take offense. It shows a bunch of thoughtfulness to bring it to our attention for a quick review and see if it needs to be cleaned up a bit. Our member base is second to none.

I personally am as proud of Wingman for taking his time to point out a potential "problem" as I am of Tee cleaning it up.

I think it is time to get back to our pits and roll some smoke to the sky :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »

I am on strike until my new pit shows up (that and I have no smokers left except for my electric).  Maybe I'll fire up the OTG this weekend.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »
I apologize for starting that other thread. I do agree that I need to support our sponsors and I need to be reminded sometimes.

Anyone need a proper hug ;D

"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:41 AM »

I am on strike until my new pit shows up (that and I have no smokers left except for my electric).  Maybe I'll fire up the OTG this weekend.

That pit is gonna be awesome. Do you have any idea when it will be ready?
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »

Was supposed to get test burned  and painted last weekend, but the builder got sick and postponed the burn/paint.  He is supposed to burn and paint this weekend and deliver sometime next week.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »

Was supposed to get test burned  and painted last weekend, but the builder got sick and postponed the burn/paint.  He is supposed to burn and paint this weekend and deliver sometime next week.

Good luck! I am looking forward to seeing the final pics and hearing about your cooks - will be interested to hear about how and why you made the design choices you did.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »
I apologize for starting that other thread. I do agree that I need to support our sponsors and I need to be reminded sometimes.

Anyone need a proper hug ;D

No offense intended... but, looking at your avatar... I'll pass on the hug...  ;) ; ;D 8)

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #