Author Topic: Tim needs to Chill  (Read 2772 times)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Tim needs to Chill
« Reply #-1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »
Tim didn't need to apologize for his posts!
Cooking techniques  are a small part of this forum  ::)
The comradely & entertainment are even more important!
Let's face it Tim is an ADD grown up on steroids :o
Heck he's one of the main reasons I show up!
Don't change Tim  ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Pappymn

Tim needs to Chill
« on: November 07, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »
Amen brother
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Tim needs to Chill
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
I like his chicken white legs myself.    8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:00:50 PM »
The OP read like the weirdest haiku ever.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »
Amen!!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »
Yep, Tee is a great guy
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:12:22 PM »
If I could post a picture of a thumb there would be two ;D ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:48 PM »
If I could post a picture of a thumb there would be two ;D ;D

Here you go Smoker ... I'll post them for you  8)

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline pz

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:20 AM »
I like his chicken white legs myself.    8)

;D ;D ;D

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:34:14 AM »
Tim is neurotic sometimes but a good guy. He has worked really hard to make this forum a welcoming place for everyone. This forum was created because of his experiences with other forums so he is trying to make this place different.

There have been some small issues here and there but overall this forum is very welcoming. Tim is self critical for a reason. He is the administrator here. And his actions do reflect the forum. His apology may not have been necessary in this case but I for one appreciate his effort. It can make a difference with forum moral when something comes up that can create issues. Most of us have known each other for years and can give each other a ribbing without an issue or quibble and still be friends after. Newer members without this history could take it a different way.

Tim and I have spoke in the phone about some forum issues and he has some excellent ideas for the future of this forum. He really is dedicated to the success of this forum and does not see it as a avenue just to promote his products IMHO.

I like how this forum has expanded the way it has. It is growing fast. And Tim just wants to make sure it continues on that path with every member happy. Although it is impossible to keep everyone happy I think he is doing a pretty good job!

Anyone with ideas or concerns should send him a PM. He is a hands on administrator that is here daily and will address your concerns or ideas.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
Tim is neurotic sometimes but a good guy. He has worked really hard to make this forum a welcoming place for everyone. This forum was created because of his experiences with other forums so he is trying to make this place different.

There have been some small issues here and there but overall this forum is very welcoming. Tim is self critical for a reason. He is the administrator here. And his actions do reflect the forum. His apology may not have been necessary in this case but I for one appreciate his effort. It can make a difference with forum moral when something comes up that can create issues. Most of us have known each other for years and can give each other a ribbing without an issue or quibble and still be friends after. Newer members without this history could take it a different way.

Tim and I have spoke in the phone about some forum issues and he has some excellent ideas for the future of this forum. He really is dedicated to the success of this forum and does not see it as a avenue just to promote his products IMHO.

I like how this forum has expanded the way it has. It is growing fast. And Tim just wants to make sure it continues on that path with every member happy. Although it is impossible to keep everyone happy I think he is doing a pretty good job!

Anyone with ideas or concerns should send him a PM. He is a hands on administrator that is here daily and will address your concerns or ideas.

Well put, Mike.  I concur completely.  I consider myself fortunate to be a personal friend of Tim's.  When I am not traveling I talk to him almost daily.  Sometimes several times a day.  He and I get together for lunch quite often.  He has a sense of humor that the forum only sees every now and then. 

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »

Well put, Mike.  I concur completely.  I consider myself fortunate to be a personal friend of Tim's.  When I am not traveling I talk to him almost daily.  Sometimes several times a day.  He and I get together for lunch quite often.  He has a sense of humor that the forum only sees every now and then. 

Art

+1 to both of these comments.  We better settle down though before it goes to his head.  ;)
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Patio Cook#1

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
Tim didn't need to apologize for his posts!

Of course he shouldn't apologize. He's the moderator. Forums are full of people who left forum A because they didn't like something that someone wrote. Then they go to fourm B or forum C because maybe that will be better. Ho-Hum.
I expect a moderator to be straight and to the point without having to look over his shoulder and be in jepordy because they weren't politically correct or polite enough to suit everyone.
I used to feel that way, but then realized that I had to get my big boy pants on & deal with it.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 07:07:30 AM »
I was out of town for 4 days, I guess I missed something.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware