Author Topic: Video Experiment Continued  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: Video Experiment Continued
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 08:36:51 AM »
Nice video, David...I like the recipe, too - it looks like one I would be able to cook.

I am still looking for video editing software that is easy to use. I would like to be able to do a voice over or, like you have done, text over.

As for the GoPro camera... It doesn't have a viewing screen on the back, does it?  That would certainly help with the framing issue. Picture quality, however, is exceptional.

I am following this closely because I want to do more videos after I retire, not so much for instructions as for documentation (personal documentation) to share with family and fiends.

If you can help me with the software - simple - thanks.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Jaxon - you might want to look at Adobe Premiere Elements. I use Premiere Pro, but Elements is more geared to the home user. It's in version 12 now, I last used it back in version 6, so I'm sure there are a bunch of new features. Even back then it was easy to use and loaded with interesting features. Here's a link to the Adobe site - http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html?kw=p&sdid=EQAXD&skwcid=AL!3085!3!31226937554!e!!s!!premiere%20elements&ef_id=UkneTgAAAQyDQFXf:20131121142901:s

It's about $90 on Amazon.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
I have the 7.0 version of Premier Elements.  Haven't used it much because it seemed so complicated.  I guess I'll crank it up and give it another shot.

If I can handle it you'll see a new video soon.
<><

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »
Jack, I think Adobe has come a long way in making this easier to use in the past several versions. One problem all software developers seem to have is trying to add so many features that the product requires a college degree to operate. Sometimes I just wish they'd make something straightforward and simple to use - maybe have an a la carte menu of add-ons if I want them...

Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss - I can give you my phone number as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:35:30 PM by drholly »
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
This is an on-going experiment - so, I've made some changes to the video and reposted it on YouTube. If you want to see the changes - you can go back to the 1st post and click it - it will be the new version. The changes are to the title (jeeze, you'd think I could spell BBQ!  ??? ??? 8) ) and some of the instructions.

Next up - I think will be some cranberry sauce or relish...
Member #

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »
Hey drholly
Great little project you have going there. Sometimes having a video to look at is better than a written recipe. I give a thumbs up for even trying this. I for one hate being in front of a camera and narrating anything. I get all tongue tied just thinking about it.
Any ways love what your doing and keep it up
Don

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
Looks good David, I haven't thought of using a GoPro camera for cooking videos. Great idea.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
I looked around and saw VideoStudio Ultimate X6 by Corel.  I downloaded the full sized version for a 30 day trial.  After a couple of hours, I have edited a very long video.  Now, it is just long.  I've learned to add fades between clips.  Now, I am trying to add an intro.  It'll be much too long for viewing, but it is giving me a way to figure stuff out.

<><

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
That's the product that I use.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »
Keep playing with it, Jack. Doesn't matter what the program is, if it works for you - it's the right one! Just remember the opening scene from A River Runs Through It - the boys are upstairs working on a writing assignment... they bring their papers down to their father who reads them carefully, then says - "That's good - now shorter..." and they start over. Then again - that's just my opinion...  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:16:37 PM by drholly »
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »
Keep playing with it, Jack. Doesn't matter what the program is, if it works for you - it's the right one! Just remember the opening scene from A River Runs Through It - the boys are upstairs working on a writing assignment... they bring their papers down to their father who reads them carefully, then says - "That's good - now shorter..." and they start over. Then again - that's just my opinion...  ;) ;D

Great advice, David - I've used a variety of video editing software from the free Windows Movie Maker, to my current suite, Camtasia Studio.  All of them have worked, and all will produce acceptable results.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 12:15:09 PM »
Is it just me, or did I miss something.
I haven't seen PZ's videos...

Just sayin '....
<><

Offline pz

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 02:15:18 PM »
Is it just me, or did I miss something.
I haven't seen PZ's videos...

Just sayin '....

;D 

I just do it for work - no good at it really, but the job gets done!

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »
Nice job. 3 minutes is about my attention span.....so you nailed it

X2 ;)

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG