Author Topic: Instant read thermometer  (Read 444 times)

Offline nylic76

Instant read thermometer
« Reply #-1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
I need an instant read thermometer and would like some advice on what and where to purchase.  I would like to have it by Thursday so online is not an option at this late date.  I know the Thermapen is going to be suggested, but that is a bit pricey for me.  What other brands are recommended and where can they be bought locally?
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Instant read thermometer
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:32:59 PM »
Go to Lowe's and pick up a Taylors folding digital thermometer. They are less than 20 bucks - and will do a good job for the money. They are backlit, and work pretty well.

Please go to the New Members section, and post an introduction so that everyone here can get to know you!
Thanks
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Instant read thermometer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »
Go to Lowe's and pick up a Taylors folding digital thermometer. They are less than 20 bucks - and will do a good job for the money. They are backlit, and work pretty well.

Please go to the New Members section, and post an introduction so that everyone here can get to know you!
Thanks
T
I have several thermometers including a Taylor, Thermopen and Maverick - all good. Any one of them is well worth the cost. But for the price - the Taylor is tough to beat.
Welcome to the forum - look forward to "meeting you."
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #