Author Topic: Maverick 733 Update  (Read 1542 times)

Offline MoHuka

Maverick 733 Update
« Reply #-1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
I posted some weeks ago that I had purchased the new model Maverick 733 from Amazon and the 2 probes read 2 degrees difference sitting on the table and 11 degrees difference in ice water.  After some email exchange with Maverick Customer Service they asked me to return the complete unit for testing/replacement.  I received a brand new unit within a week.  They also send me separately 2 spare probes which in my opinion more than makes up for the postage to return the unit.  I give Maverick CS an A+

I was replacing my 732 as it would never track the PID when smoking in the Bradley and I have spent the last year talking to Bradley and Auber, replacing probes, testing, auto-tuning, etc.  So anyway I started a 13.5 lb Brisket yesterday afternoon and I monitored with the 732 and the 733.  Until I went to bed last night the 733 was tracking very close to the PID for both oven and meat and the 732 was off by 16 degrees for oven and 5 to 7 degrees for the meat.  This morning when I got up the 732 was exactly, to the degree, in agreement with the PID and the 733 was spot on with oven but 6 degrees off with meat.  I account the possible difference with the meat as probe placement

My conclusion is that the PID is accurate, the 733 is accurate, and the 732 is flaky, not to be trusted when temperature control is essential such as making sausage

Hope this helps someone looking at remote thermometers
Lead a good life and treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated and the attendance at your funeral will be largely dependent on the weather
---------------------------
KCBS CBJ
Bradley 6-rack with PID and 2-element mod
REC TEC
SRG with Tommy Ring
Weber Genesis with Grill Grates
ANOVA Sous Vide

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: Maverick 733 Update
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:27:39 PM »
Class to hear of the good service ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Maverick 733 Update
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:52:03 PM »
Glad you got the situation resolved.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS