Author Topic: Lactose intolerant?Try RAW MILK,many health benefits  (Read 1634 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Lactose intolerant?Try RAW MILK,many health benefits
« Reply #-1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »
Hope this is the right forum,link is a Dairy that has really nice FAQ page amongst other things

This site is real interesting,talks about the nutrition,allergies and health benefits of raw milk.

Good enough for me,when I get back to eating Im going to reintroduce the natural bacteria my gut needs,very interesting indeed.

www.organicpastures.com/faq.html
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Lactose intolerant?Try RAW MILK,many health benefits
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »
I love raw milk. You can get a little bit of it in Dallas,  but I coulf get as much as I wanted in PA for dirt cheap.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »
I am going to move it to the Healthy Alternatives Spuds - and...

I am going to encourage you to take the lead in that thread section. I have seen that you have a genuine interest in healthy options - and methods. We need MORE of that in the mix!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Vir

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:53:12 AM »
Growing up we only had goat milk in the house secondary to a couple of siblings being lactose intolerant. To this day grocery store milk still taste strange to me.

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:21:27 AM »
I'm going to take a middle ground.
Many  people like the taste of raw milk better,  i can tell the difference between raw, pasteurized , & ultra-pasteurized organic milk.
There is a greater risk of serious food Bourne illness with raw , but for healthy individuals the risk is still very small.
Immunosupressed adults & children are at a much higher risk & probably should not partake.
The fact that some " lactose intolerant " people can tolerate raw milk is likely due to mis-diagnosis
Or placebo effect.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
We're lucky to have an abundance of fresh raw goat milk at our place, so I've been very interested in articles about raw milk and its risk/benefit lately.  Similar to what LostArrow said, basically as long as you don't have an underlying immune system issue, the benefits far outweigh the risk involved in unpasteurized milk.   Plus it tastes awesome! :) 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline spuds

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
Sure wish we had a raw goat milk place,there are some but they have members and are sold out. Certainly seems like a business opportunity,the demand here is sky high and supplies low.

But I was shocked to find raw milk available just down the hill from us,very lucky indeed.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »
Way OT,but Kat I just noticed your blog,we think alike,just I dont have the room you do so Mine is all intensive gardening,do have ducks and chickens.Going to add rabbits again,last time raccoons killed them by chewing their feet off thru the cage,man alive,horrible.Couple died from shock.Next time will do better to protect them.

Try some Turkey,they can be butchered in just 12 weeks and man thats good bird!

Did you know you can freeze eggs? I havent done so yet,but its all over web on how to.

Offline spuds

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 08:23:58 PM »
Picked some up today,a quart skim was 3.79,qt regular is 7.99,got it at Clarks Nutrition in Loma Linda.

Time to recolonize the digestive tract,very cool.Interesting to see the separation in the regular milk.Cant wait to drink it tonight.Its store legal in Calif.

I dont think Ive ever had real milk before.

Offline Pappymn

Lactose intolerant?Try RAW MILK,many health benefits
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »
I think we put people in jail in Minnesota for selling raw milk. That's how we roll here. :(
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 09:04:45 PM »
I'm sorry, Pappy, everytime I think of how stringent laws seem to be in MN, I  look at your avatar pic and think "Man, they've GOTTA have a law banning plaid leisure suits and striped ties!"  ;D

States vary a lot on their rules for selling it, in Oregon I can only sell it directly from my farm, not to stores, must have less than 9 milking does, etc etc... But we do it more for fun and to share with our friends/neighbors than anything. 

Picked some up today,a quart skim was 3.79,qt regular is 7.99,got it at Clarks Nutrition in Loma Linda.

Dang, Spuds, I sell mine for $3 a quart  (whole milk), maybe I should pack up my goats and head south! :)  Of course I could never afford to have land to feed them, and a roadside milk stand would be awfully sketchy... :)  Although, maybe I could do like those u-pick orchards and berry fields- "Kat's U-Milk Stand"! Have people pay more, and do all the  work for me! Hmmmm.... ::)

Hope you enjoy your milk, it's a real treat! (Especially at half off price!)
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 10:18:43 PM »
love my NF milk and whole milk for my espresso drinks. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline spuds

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
I'm sorry, Pappy, everytime I think of how stringent laws seem to be in MN, I  look at your avatar pic and think "Man, they've GOTTA have a law banning plaid leisure suits and striped ties!"  ;D

States vary a lot on their rules for selling it, in Oregon I can only sell it directly from my farm, not to stores, must have less than 9 milking does, etc etc... But we do it more for fun and to share with our friends/neighbors than anything. 

Dang, Spuds, I sell mine for $3 a quart  (whole milk), maybe I should pack up my goats and head south! :)  Of course I could never afford to have land to feed them, and a roadside milk stand would be awfully sketchy... :)  Although, maybe I could do like those u-pick orchards and berry fields- "Kat's U-Milk Stand"! Have people pay more, and do all the  work for me! Hmmmm.... ::)

Hope you enjoy your milk, it's a real treat! (Especially at half off price!)
The only milk I can get here comes from a highly inspected state approved dairy,dont think you can really sell otherwise,though the buy/shares method is done,they are completely sold out. Man Kat,at your prices I would be a steady customer for sure!! Shhhh.....dont tell anyone  ::)

Offline spuds

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 01:43:29 AM »
What a surprise,had skim raw milk and lo and behold,its actually good! Night and day difference from processed skim milk.