Author Topic: Hikerman What Are You Doing?  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Hikerman What Are You Doing?
« Reply #-1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:20:39 AM »
I'm having liter mugs of Dunkle at the Hofbräuhaus in Vegas.  They have one up there in your neck of the woods check it out sometime. <a href="http://www.hofbrauhauschicago.com/?gclid=CLvHkofa-L4CFcRffgodWr4AEA">Hofbräuhaus Chicago</a> ;)

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Hikerman What Are You Doing?
« on: June 14, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »
Does not look like we have one of them out here. Drink one for me LVC :'(
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »
Does not look like we have one of them out here. Drink one for me LVC :'(

And that I did, had three of them last night, Mrs. LVC was the designated driver.  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
Hmmm, I'll have a Dunkel and Jagerschnitzel please!  Maybe a pretzel too!
Sounds like my kind of place LVC! Reminds me of a place we go to in Madison, WI. Essen Haus a German beer hall with pretty good German food. The beers are 1/2 liters and up to 4 liters in mugs or my favorite, boots!

www.essen-haus.com

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 10:10:22 AM »
If I'm ever in Madison WI I'll have to go there, those Guinness short ribs sound great and would go good with a few liters of Dunkel.  ;)
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:12:47 AM »
If you are ever near Madison I'll meet you there!  We will need drivers!  :o

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »
Sure wish I was there Cajun, having some beer with you!!! My son should be in Cincinnati from Vegas. He is going back Tues. at the Rio live blogging the World Poker tournament for World Poker News. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 11:49:19 AM »

We should get a tour bus to take us to the Hofbräuhaus in Chicago and hit the Goose Island microbrewery along the way and then the Essen Haus in Madison.  I'm sure there are a few other good spots along the route that we could hit too.  ;)
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »
Sure wish I was there Cajun, having some beer with you!!! My son should be in Cincinnati from Vegas. He is going back Tues. at the Rio live blogging the World Poker tournament for World Poker News. Don

Wish you were here too, if you ever make it to Vegas we will have to hook up at the HB also.   Sounds like your son has a great job.   ;)
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 12:05:14 PM »

We should get a tour bus to take us to the Hofbräuhaus in Chicago and hit the Goose Island microbrewery along the way and then the Essen Haus in Madison.  I'm sure there are a few other good spots along the route that we could hit too.  ;)
The best beer I have ever had is a regular stop for us as well. In New Glarus,WI, an ethnic Swiss town full of New Glarus Brewery beer, locally made cheese, wine, and smoked Swiss meats and sausages! We may as well bring the bus there as well!

www.newglarusbrewing.com

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »

The best beer I have ever had is a regular stop for us as well. In New Glarus,WI, an ethnic Swiss town full of New Glarus Brewery beer, locally made cheese, wine, and smoked Swiss meats and sausages! We may as well bring the bus there as well!

www.newglarusbrewing.com

Looks like my next trip to Illinois better be longer than a weekend so we can fit in this tour.  ;)

I'll just make sure the In-Laws don't know I'm in town a few days early.   :P
----------------------

Offline hikerman

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
 That would be wise!
Only the names were changed to protect the "innocent"!  ??? 8)