Author Topic: Nobody owes you anything...  (Read 2605 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Nobody owes you anything...
« Reply #-1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:08:51 AM »
Nobody owes you anything.  Your success and failures are on your head and your head alone.  Quit crying about what someone didn't do for you. Quit waiting for a handout.  Did you think some fairy godmother or knight in shining armor was coming to save you? No one is coming.  This is all on you.  Grow up and get after it.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Nobody owes you anything...
« on: May 17, 2015, 01:49:32 AM »
Yeah but... you always give me good advice...  ;) :D :D

This is good, I am sharing it with my daughters. Too many kids today don't get it. Thanks, Dee!

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:44:57 AM »
Good one, Dee!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Cinredman

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 08:01:05 AM »
Two thumbs up from the long lost cinRedMan
Weber Silver
Weber Kettle
Big Easy SRG
Chef Camp Pellet (PG24LTD)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:56:05 AM »
Hurumph!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »
Nobody owes you anything.  Your success and failures are on your head and your head alone.  Quit crying about what someone didn't do for you. Quit waiting for a handout.  Did you think some fairy godmother or knight in shining armor was coming to save you? No one is coming.  This is all on you.  Grow up and get after it.

Dee

I would be willing to pay for solid bronze plaques bearing this inscription - should they be placed in strategic locations  through out  America...... ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
This needs to be shown to the youth of America.....the entitled generation....I should know....I got two and Wendy has one........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »
Outstanding Dee! America's youth should be reading this!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline hikerman

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 01:24:42 PM »
Great words of wisdom Dee!
When our oldest daughter was in high school we got some great advice from a family friend about college. They would both think that their college choices were on THEIR dime. They were both very good students and we wanted this to continue. Upon graduation they both were given a check to cover all of their costs. They both were so thankful we had done it this way. They learned a lot along the way. Too many kids squander opportunities when they are paid for by their parents. There are many ways to get to the same place...this was our way.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
When our oldest daughter was in high school we got some great advice from a family friend about college. They would both think that their college choices were on THEIR dime. They were both very good students and we wanted this to continue. Upon graduation they both were given a check to cover all of their costs. They both were so thankful we had done it this way. They learned a lot along the way. Too many kids squander opportunities when they are paid for by their parents. There are many ways to get to the same place...this was our way.

Gene - what a great idea! I took out loans and worked multiple jobs to pay for college ( it WAS a lot cheaper in those days). I have two daughters in high school - will discuss this with my wife. Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline hikerman

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »

Gene - what a great idea! I took out loans and worked multiple jobs to pay for college ( it WAS a lot cheaper in those days). I have two daughters in high school - will discuss this with my wife. Thanks!

Hope this heped somebody.  To clarify we reimbursed when they got their degrees....not hs graduation. When kids think it's their dime they get their focus and don't seem to change courses or their majors. They still were debt-free at graduation, but they learned a very valuable life lesson. And succeeded!