Author Topic: Criminals and statistics  (Read 46138 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Criminals and statistics
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »
My wife was shot at with a handgun in high school and has been afraid of them since. I agreed not to keep one in the house... but have shotguns and rifles... and a VERY loud, big (80 pound) dog that has a "smile that will make you wet your pants - (Pappy has heard him... :) )

Firm believer in responsible citizens owning weapons. Interesting point - the 2nd Amendment was not written to give us a chance to hunt - but to protect us from our own Government...  ???
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 08:52:48 PM »
I have a sawed off 12 gauge pump shotgun , 2 SW 38s, and a 9mm. My wife has a 357 SW and is a better shot than me. I try not to make her mad. We have several other guns around, these are just the ones we will use if somebody breaks in our front door.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »
I try not to make her mad.
I always knew you were a smart guy!  ;)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »
We have a deep down feeling as men  to cook outdoors and to protect our families......... 8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

Criminals and statistics
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 12:31:22 AM »

We have a deep down feeling as men  to cook outdoors and to protect our families......... 8)

Amen brother
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RAD

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
Tomorrow is our 29th and yesterday I got her the S&W Bodyguard 38 special, and I got me a Remington 870. Took them both to the range this morning. the S&W will be a great carry for her and I got the laser sighed in, but for me I like my Springfield xd sub 40 better as my carry. The 870 nearly knocked me off my feet, that was awesome.
Love to cook and eat