Author Topic: "Tell me about.."  (Read 32949 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
"Tell me about.."
« Reply #-1 on: October 11, 2015, 08:47:52 PM »
The only time I ever find myself as the  smartest person in the room is when I'm alone and then it is still debatable.

One of the things I really like about the Gatherings, large or small, is the old friends and new ones I meet.  I like that because I'm able to learn so much from them about different things from cooking to what they do back home or what they used to do before. I was disappointed DR Holly was able to make it to Jaxon's because I wanted so much to learn abut his trips to Central and South America.

The best way I know to learn something from someone is to say, "Tell me about..." and follow those words with whatever it is I want to know about they have knowledge of.

So, if you're ever around me expect to hear the phrase, "Tell me about..." because I want to learn from you.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TwoPockets

Re: "Tell me about.."
« on: October 11, 2015, 09:41:03 PM »
Uncle Dee, if you ever say "tell me about" make sure to let me know it is about cooking so I don't telling about things I did back in the day. The statute of limitations has not run out on some it.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:18:40 AM »
Dee if you say "tell me about..." to my wife or Tee you better be prepared to stay awhile!!! ::) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »
Don, I already know about Tee.  Believe me. I already know.  Shoot, sometimes he can tell by the look on my face that I need to learn about something.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers