Author Topic: Character  (Read 720 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Character
« Reply #-1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:23:34 PM »
You can tell a lot about a person by how he treats people who can do nothing for him.  Also, how he treats service people such as waiters, hotel maids, etc.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Character
« on: June 09, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »
you can tell a lot about ppl by being a bartender for 10 years also.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:11:51 AM »
you can tell a lot about ppl by being a bartender for 10 years also.   8)

Been there Sparky. You could always tell when it was a full moon without even having to go outside and look.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »
As a 60's child we were brought up to be respectful to anyone and everyone. If not, we got a belt across the backside when we got home and good cuff against the side of the head at the scene of the incident..........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
I have always been a good tipper. I used to deliver pizzas and know what it is like having to depend on that money. There are people who are very wealthy who do not tip at all and then there were poor neighborhoods where some would tip what they could. You can tell a lot about someone who is willing to spare a couple dollars for their waiter.

Most people who have worked hard during their lives and appreciate what they have are usually the sign of a good tipper IMHO. It is ironic that those who get their money through government assistance or even get it handed down to them are the least likely to even spare a buck. At least this has been my experience....
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
I have always been a good tipper. I used to deliver pizzas and know what it is like having to depend on that money. There are people who are very wealthy who do not tip at all and then there were poor neighborhoods where some would tip what they could. You can tell a lot about someone who is willing to spare a couple dollars for their waiter.

Most people who have worked hard during their lives and appreciate what they have are usually the sign of a good tipper IMHO. It is ironic that those who get their money through government assistance or even get it handed down to them are the least likely to even spare a buck. At least this has been my experience....

I have always been a really good tipper and when we go back to a place for a second time they always remember us and we get excellent service. We go out every Thursday night and meet one or two other couples at our local pub. The girls fight over who will wait our table, plus every one of them have become good friends. I went up there Thursday night while Lana was still in the rehab hospital and every one of the waitresses came up and gave me a hug and told me that we were in their prayers and several offered to come to the house and help us when she got home.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware