Author Topic: Going for a job interview? Questions to ask.  (Read 860 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Going for a job interview? Questions to ask.
« Reply #-1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:00:26 PM »
One of the things that help people get a job if they have an opportunity is what questions they asked the interviewer. Here are five great questions for a candidate to ask during a job interview:

1.  What do you expect me to accomplish in the first 60 to 90 days?

2. What are the common attributes of your top performers?

3.  What are a few things that really drive results for the company?

4.  What do your employees do in their spare time?

5.  How do you plan to deal with ______?  (competitors, technical innovations, economic trends etc)

These are some good questions.  You may come up with some more.  The thing to do is for you to find out about the thinking and operations of the company.  You may find out they don't have any idea as to what the answers are to these questions and you may decide you don't want to work there.  I know if I were interviewing someone and they asked questions like the above , rather than "how much vacation time do I get?" "Do I have to work overtime?, I would be impressed with them.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Going for a job interview? Questions to ask.
« on: June 30, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
... and I would go for a job interview because.... why?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:37:40 AM »
Turtle, If anyone wanted you or me for a job...they would have to find us first.  We ain't going looking and will hide if we know they are looking.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
Nowadays if I were going for a job interview I would be very careful when asking questions due to the massive amount of unemployed people out there!!  :(   :(

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 11,742,000 working age Americans that are officially unemployed.

In addition, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says that there are 89,967,000 working age Americans that are “not in the labor force”.

When you add 11,742,000 working age Americans that are officially unemployed to the 89,967,000 working age Americans that are “not in the labor force”, you come up with a grand total of 101,709,000 working age Americans that do not have a job.
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »
Nowadays if I were going for a job interview I would be very careful when asking questions due to the massive amount of unemployed people out there!!  :(   :(

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 11,742,000 working age Americans that are officially unemployed.

In addition, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says that there are 89,967,000 working age Americans that are “not in the labor force”.

When you add 11,742,000 working age Americans that are officially unemployed to the 89,967,000 working age Americans that are “not in the labor force”, you come up with a grand total of 101,709,000 working age Americans that do not have a job.

Wow! Glad I am retired. I really would be ticked off if I was really working for a living knowing that the money I pay in taxes is going to something else besides military defense and veteran's benefits. 

Based upon what you posed for statistics, it looks like that Congress should pass a reverse immigration bill. We should take the 90 million Americans who are not in the labor force and send them to Mexico and let those who have emigrated to the US have citizenship and jobs because they want to work and better themselves.

Nah......that is not a good idea.

Have a nice day!

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »

Based upon what you posed for statistics, it looks like that Congress should pass a reverse immigration bill. We should take the 90 million Americans who are not in the labor force and send them to Mexico ........
Nah, since we don't have a secure border, they would just come back.  :(
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.