Author Topic: Thunder and lightning  (Read 628 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Thunder and lightning
« Reply #-1 on: July 19, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but, it is lightning that does the work.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Thunder and lightning
« on: July 20, 2013, 03:02:52 AM »
... or, according to the more modern version by Chad Brock, "Thunder's just a noise, boys, lightnin' does the work."

PS -
dee, you gotta start attributing some of these quotes before you get suspended for plagiarism
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
Turtle, some of them I remember where I got them some I don't. Some I make up. I've collected some for years and have no idea of where they came from.  The best thing for folks to do is just to figure I got 'em from somewhere.  You are right of course if I cared about plagiarism I would put down only those I could attribute to. By the way, I think this one was from Mark Twain.  I can't remember what the quote was/is but it's about if you use something one time without attribution it's stealing and then if you use it more it ain't or something like that.  Wish I had rittin that one down so I would have it right.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Albert Rivera

• Albert is a"Foodie"
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Dee, my understanding about plagiarism is that if you use only one source it is plagiarism... if you use many, it is called research.

To date, I have not been put in jail for doing research. Or, you could do like Lois Learner and adamantly state you have not broken any laws or done anything wrong and then plead the fifth and give all your subordinates a raise and ask your superiors to make good on the "payola"; IT SEEMS TO WORK FOR MINOR OFFENCES LIKE THAT.

I may have this right: "Plagiarism is the greatest form of flattery", or something along those lines. (my Spanish handicap limits me and may have come in the way). It is tough to be limited by being familiar with two languages.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:20:28 PM by Albert Rivera »
God bless you,
Albert

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
Dee, Not sure about the Mark Twain quote, but Zig Ziglar used to say (paraphrasing) that the first couple times you use a quote, you should give credit to the author, after that - it's yours...

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »
Albert, I've never had to plead the fifth, but I have enjoyed consuming many of them over the years.  :) Crown Royal being the one of choice. My second favorite is 'Whatever the other guy is buying'.   :P
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas